Babes in Arms1939
"Babes in Arms" (also known as "Musik ist unsere Welt", "Theaterkinder", "Ragazzi attori") is a Musical film directed by Busby Berkeley, released on October 13 of 1939 in the USA . Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland are starring, alongside Charles Winninger, Guy Kibbee, June Preisser and Grace Hayes.
The big musical fun show!
Who directed "Babes in Arms":
Babes in Arms was directed by Busby Berkeley, an American director, and actor.
Before Babes in Arms, Busby Berkeley had directed They Made Me a Criminal, released in 1939, The Go Getter (1937), Gold Diggers of 1937 (1936), Bright Lights (1935), Gold Diggers of 1935 (1935), and Dames (1934). Since, he directed Fast and Furious, released in 1939, Strike Up the Band (1940), Babes on Broadway (1941), For Me and My Gal (1942), Cabin in the Sky (1943), and Girl Crazy (1943).
When was "Babes in Arms" released:
Babes in Arms was first released in the United States on Friday, October 13, 1939. Also released on Friday, October 13, 1939 has been Hollywood Cavalcade (dir. Irving Cummings and Malcolm St. Clair). This was seventy-nine (79) years ago.
It has been released on Wednesday, June 27, 1945 in France; Monday, December 11, 1995 in Germany; Wednesday, March 15, 1950 in Italy; Thursday, January 27, 2000 in Australia and on Tuesday, June 22, 1948 in Japan.
Who is at the casting of "Babes in Arms":
At the casting of Babes in Arms we find Mickey Rooney, previously seen in Andy Hardy Gets Spring Fever (1939) and The Hardys Ride High (1939); Judy Garland (The Wizard of Oz (1939), Listen, Darling (1938)); Charles Winninger (Three Smart Girls Grow Up (1939), Every Day's a Holiday (1937)) [ more... ]
- Mickey Rooney, Judy Garland, June Preisser, Ann Shoemaker and Henry Roquemore can be seen in Strike Up the Band, released in 1940.
- Judy Garland, Charles Winninger, Douglas McPhail, Joseph Crehan and George McKay also appeared together in Little Nellie Kelly, released in 1940.
- Henry Roquemore and Mickey Rooney, Judy Garland, Guy Kibbee also appeared together in Girl Crazy, released in 1943.
- Mickey Rooney, Judy Garland and Joseph Crehan also appeared in Life Begins for Andy Hardy, released in 1941.
- Mickey Rooney, June Preisser and Henry Hull can all be seen in Judge Hardy and Son, released in 1939.
- Mickey Rooney, Judy Garland and Rand Brooks can also be seen in Love Finds Andy Hardy, released in 1938.
What is the Storyline of "Babes in Arms":
In 1921 Vaudeville performer Joe Moran (Charles Winninger) announces the birth of a son; but after movies talk in 1928, Vaudeville fails. His son Mickey Moran (Mickey Rooney) writes songs, and Patsy Barton (Judy Garland) sings "Good Morning." Mickey sells the song for $100. He gives Patsy his pin and kisses her. Mickey learns that his parents Joe and Florrie (Grace Hayes) are going on the road without the children, and he disagrees. Patsy and Molly Moran (Betty Jaynes) sing "You Are My Lucky Star" and [...]
No message has yet been posted about Babes in Arms.
Start a Topic
Resources: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.