The Baby and the Battleship1956
Released in the USA on September 30 of 1957, "The Baby and the Battleship" (also known as "Baby auf dem Schlachtschiff, Das") is a Comedy film directed by Jay Lewis , starring John Mills, Richard Attenborough, André Morell, Bryan Forbes, Michael Hordern and Ernest Clark.
It all starts when a sailor's left holding the baby!
Who is the director of "The Baby and the Battleship":
The Baby and the Battleship was directed by Jay Lewis, an English director, producer, and writer.
After directing The Baby and the Battleship, Jay Lewis directed A Home of Your Own, released in 1964.
When was "The Baby and the Battleship" released:
The Baby and the Battleship was initially released on Monday, September 30, 1957, in the United States.. This was sixty-one (61) years ago.
It has been released on Tuesday, July 10, 1956 in the United Kingdom.
Who is at the casting of "The Baby and the Battleship":
At the casting of The Baby and the Battleship we find John Mills, previously seen in Above Us the Waves (1955) and The End of the Affair (1955); Richard Attenborough (Private's Progress (1956), The Ship That Died of Shame (1955)); André Morell (The Black Tent (1956), Summertime (1955)) [ more... ]
- Ferdy Mayne and Lionel Jeffries, Thorley Walters, Lisa Gastoni, Kenneth Griffith also appeared together in Blue Murder at St. Trinian's, released in 1957.
- Harold Siddons and John Mills, Richard Attenborough, Lionel Jeffries, Cyril Raymond can be seen in Dunkirk, released in 1958.
- John Le Mesurier and John Mills, Bryan Forbes, Michael Hordern, Duncan Lamont can all be seen in I Was Monty's Double, released in 1958.
- Thorley Walters and John Mills, Harry Locke, Clifford Mollison can be seen in Oh! What a Lovely War, released in 1969.
- Harry Locke, Thorley Walters, Kenneth Griffith and John Le Mesurier also appeared in Carlton-Browne of the F.O., released in 1959.
- Richard Attenborough, Thorley Walters, Kenneth Griffith and John Le Mesurier can all be seen in Private's Progress, released in 1956.
- John Mills, André Morell, Thorley Walters and John Le Mesurier also worked together in The Wrong Box, released in 1966.
- André Morell, Duncan Lamont, John Le Mesurier and Ferdy Mayne also appeared in Ben-Hur, released in 1959.
- Richard Attenborough, Harry Locke, Kenneth Griffith and John Le Mesurier also appeared in I'm All Right Jack, released in 1959.
- Richard Attenborough, John Le Mesurier and Ferdy Mayne can be seen in The Magic Christian, released in 1969.
- Duncan Lamont and Ernest Clark, Harry Locke also appeared in The Devil-Ship Pirates, released in 1964.
- Richard Attenborough, Kenneth Griffith and John Le Mesurier also appeared together in Only Two Can Play, released in 1962.
- Ernest Clark, Harry Locke and Duncan Lamont also worked together in Arabesque, released in 1966.
- John Mills, Harry Locke and Thorley Walters can be seen in The Family Way, released in 1966.
- Michael Hordern and André Morell, Bryan Forbes also worked together in The Slipper and the Rose: The Story of Cinderella, released in 1976.
- John Le Mesurier and Lionel Jeffries, Harold Siddons also worked together in The Wrong Arm of the Law, released in 1963.
- Ferdy Mayne and André Morell, Michael Hordern also appeared in Barry Lyndon, released in 1975.
- Harry Locke, Thorley Walters and Kenneth Griffith also appeared in Heavens Above!, released in 1963.
- Kenneth Griffith and André Morell, Harry Locke also worked together in High Treason, released in 1951.
- Richard Attenborough, Kenneth Griffith and John Le Mesurier also worked together in Brothers in Law, released in 1957.
- Michael Hordern, Lisa Gastoni and Ferdy Mayne also appeared together in You Know What Sailors Are, released in 1954.
- Ernest Clark and John Mills, Michael Hordern can all be seen in Gandhi, released in 1982.
- Harry Locke and Michael Hordern, Ernest Clark also appeared in Sink the Bismarck!, released in 1960.
- Harry Locke, Cyril Raymond and Harold Siddons can all be seen in Angels One Five, released in 1952.
- Lisa Gastoni and Ernest Clark, Harry Locke can also be seen in Doctor in the House, released in 1954.
- Ernest Clark, Duncan Lamont and John Le Mesurier also appeared together in A Touch of Larceny, released in 1959.
What is the Storyline of "The Baby and the Battleship":
When a group of Royal Navy sailors go ashore on shore leave to Naples, they are forced to care for a baby, separated from its mother. During a brawl, Puncher Roberts is knocked unconscious and finds the square empty, except for the baby. Unable to find his friend Knocker, or the child's mother, he smuggles the baby aboard their ship in the midst of a series of joint operations with Allied navies off the coast of Italy.
No message has yet been posted about The Baby and the Battleship.
Start a Topic
The Fate of the Crippled Cub
73 messages - To the Jouberts:...
Seeing again Kirk, Spock, Uhura, McCoy, Sulu, Scotty and Chekov!!!
2 messages - I've always been a fan of the original Star Trek with William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy, and I loved the first 6 movies. Yet I was never taken by The...
Big disapointment coming!
8 messages - I am a big fan of DragonBall and DragonBall Z and when I read about the making of this movie, I was pretty excited, but worried too. Now I just...
Resources: Jay Lewis Productions, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.