Directed by John Sturges, "Backlash" (also known as "Frustata, La", "Geheimnis der fünf Gräber, Das") is a Mystery/Western film, released on April 11 of 1956 in the USA , starring Richard Widmark, Donna Reed, William Campbell, John McIntire, Barton MacLane and Harry Morgan.
PAST APACE AMBUSH...PAST TREACHERY'S SILKEN NET!...Five Dead Men Led Jim Slater Down a Trail of No Return!
Who directed "Backlash":
Backlash was directed by John Sturges, an American director, and producer.
Before Backlash, John Sturges had directed The Scarlet Coat, released in 1955, Underwater! (1955), Bad Day at Black Rock (1955), Escape from Fort Bravo (1953), Fast Company (1953), and Jeopardy (1953). Since, he directed Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, released in 1957, The Old Man and the Sea (1958), Last Train from Gun Hill (1959), Never So Few (1959), The Magnificent Seven (1960), and By Love Possessed (1961).
When was "Backlash" released:
Backlash was first released in the United States on Wednesday, April 11, 1956. Also released on Wednesday, April 11, 1956 has been Der Letzte Akt (dir. Georg Wilhelm Pabst). This was sixty-three (63) years ago.
It has been released on Friday, March 23, 1956 in France and on Friday, August 24, 1956 in Germany.
What is the cast of "Backlash":
At the casting of Backlash we find Richard Widmark, previously seen in The Cobweb (1955) and Broken Lance (1954); Donna Reed (Ransom! (1956), The Benny Goodman Story (1955)); William Campbell (Man Without a Star (1955), Battle Cry (1955)) [ more... ]
- Harry Morgan, Jack Lambert, Gregg Barton and Frank Chase also appeared together in Bend of the River, released in 1952.
- Gregg Barton and John McIntire, Robert Foulk have all also be seen in Johnny Stool Pigeon, released in 1949.
- John McIntire, Robert J. Wilke and Jack Lambert can also be seen in River Lady, released in 1948.
- Richard Widmark, Harry Morgan and Jack Lambert also appeared in How the West Was Won, released in 1962.
- John McIntire, Gregg Barton and Frank Chase also appeared together in The World in His Arms, released in 1952.
- Fred Graham and Donna Reed, Phil Chambers have all also be seen in Trouble Along the Way, released in 1953.
- Frank Chase and John McIntire, Robert Foulk also worked together in The Spoilers, released in 1955.
- Fred Graham and Richard Widmark, John McIntire also appeared together in The Street with No Name, released in 1948.
What is the Storyline of "Backlash":
Jim Slater (Richard Widmark), is in search of stolen money, to prove that his father (John McIntire) was not involved in a gold robbery. Finding the gold is also the goal of Karyl Orton (Donna Reed).
No message has yet been posted about Backlash.
Start a Topic
Expect The Incredible: "The Incredibles" (2004), a film by Brad Bird
1 message - Directed and written by Brad Bird, «The Incredibles» (also known as "Untitled Brad Bird Pixar Project", "Unglaublichen -...
If you want to live you will obey: "Eagle Eye" (2008), a film by D.J. Caruso
1 message - Starring Shia LaBeouf, Michelle Monaghan, Rosario Dawson, Michael Chiklis, Anthony Mackie and Ethan Embry, «Eagle Eye» (also known as...
Resources: Universal International Pictures, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.