Directed by Mark Sandrich, "Carefree" (also known as "Girandola", "Sorgenfrei durch Dr. Flagg") is a Comedy/Musical/Romance film, released in the USA on September 02 of 1938 . Fred Astaire is starring, alongside Ginger Rogers, Ralph Bellamy, Luella Gear, Jack Carson and Clarence Kolb.
Who is the director of "Carefree":
Carefree was directed by Mark Sandrich, an American director, producer, and writer.
Before making Carefree, Mark Sandrich had directed Follow the Fleet, released in 1936, Hips, Hips, Hooray! (1934). Since, he directed Man About Town, released in 1939, Buck Benny Rides Again (1940), Skylark (1941), Holiday Inn (1942), Blue Skies (1946).
When was "Carefree" released:
Carefree was initally released in the United States on Friday, September 02, 1938. Also released on this day was Three Loves Has Nancy (dir. Richard Thorpe). This was eighty-one (81) years ago.
It has been released on Monday, June 17, 1985 in Germany.
What is the casting of "Carefree":
At the casting of Carefree we find Fred Astaire, previously seen in A Damsel in Distress (1937) and Swing Time (1936); Ginger Rogers (Having Wonderful Time (1938), Vivacious Lady (1938)); Ralph Bellamy (Boy Meets Girl (1938), Fools for Scandal (1938)) [ more... ]
- Kay Sutton and Ginger Rogers, Jack Carson, Franklin Pangborn also appeared together in Vivacious Lady, released in 1938.
- Kay Sutton and Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers also worked together in Follow the Fleet, released in 1936.
- Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers and Franklin Pangborn also worked together in Flying Down to Rio, released in 1933.
- Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers and Kay Sutton also worked together in Roberta, released in 1935.
- Kay Sutton and Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers have all also be seen in The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle, released in 1939.
- Ginger Rogers, Jack Carson and Franklin Pangborn also worked together in 5th Ave Girl, released in 1939.
- Ginger Rogers, Jack Carson and Kay Sutton have all also be seen in Having Wonderful Time, released in 1938.
What is the Storyline of "Carefree":
Psychiatrist Dr. Tony Flagg (Fred Astaire) does his friend Stephen Arden (Ralph Bellamy) a favor by taking on his fiancee, Amanda Cooper (Ginger Rogers), as a patient. Amanda, a singer on the radio, can't seem to make a decision about Stephen's many proposals of marriage, so Tony probes her subconscious, but in the process Amanda falls in love with him. He brings her interest back to Stephen with hypnosis, but then realizes that he also loves her and tries to hypnotize her again, leading to conflict [...]
No message has yet been posted about Carefree.
Start a Topic
We Love You Cindy davis..
24 messages - Hello i've been a fan of this movie since I was 13.I've been in love with Ms.Cynthia Davis ever since.What happen to her?Did she stop acting?I would...
Matty Mac is NOT Magnum
2 messages - I hope the powers that be decide against Matty Mac for the role of Magnum. I would love to see Magnum PI on the big screen, but I will not see it at...
Resources: RKO Radio Pictures, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.