Here are some memorable quotes from "Big Fish".
"Big Fish" (also known as "Big Fish - Der Zauber, der ein Leben zur Legende macht", "Big fish - Le storie di una vita incredibile") is a Drama/Fantasy/Comedy/Adventure film directed by Tim Burton, and written by John August (screenplay), released on December 10 of 2003 in the USA . Ewan McGregor is starring, alongside Albert Finney, Billy Crudup, Jessica Lange, Helena Bonham Carter and Alison Lohman.
Note from the Webmaster: I messed up with the database once, and some quotes are now showing under the wrong film :-/... I am trying to fix this, but you can always report such mistakes.
As difficult as it was to reach Spectre, I was fated to get there eventually. After all, no man can avoid reaching the end of his life.
I was thinking about death and all. About seeing how you're gonna die. I mean, on one hand, if dying was all you thought about, it could kind of screw you up. But it could kind of help you, couldn't it? Because you'd know that everything else you can survive.
There are some fish that cannot be caught. It's not that they're faster or stronger than other fish. They're just touched by something extra. Call it luck. Call it grace. One such fish was "The Beast".
Everyone loves my father. He's a very likeable guy.
Okay, okay? The thing about icebergs is you only see 10 percent. The other 90 percent is below the water where you can't see it.That's what it is with you Dad. I'm only seeing this little bit that sticks above the water.
In telling the story of my father's life, it's impossible to separate the fact from the fiction, the man from the myth. The best I can do is to tell it the way he told me. It doesn't always make sense, and most of it never happened. But that's what kind of story this is.
Fate has a way of circling back on a man, and taking him by surprise. A man sees things differently at different times in his life. This town didn't seem the same now that he was older.
It's not a woman, it's a fish. No one ever catches her. Fish looks diff'rent to diff'rent people. My daddy said it looked like the coon dog he had when he was kid...back from the dead.
Will Bloom (Billy Crudup)
→ As we get closer to the river, we see that everybody's already there. And I mean everyone. It's unbelievable.
→ The story of my life.
→ You become what you always were. A very big fish. And that's how it happens.
→ Yeah. Exactly.
Amos Calloway (Danny DeVito)
→ Tell me, Karl, have you ever heard the term 'involuntary servitude'?
Karl the Giant (Matthew McGrory)
→ Unconscionable contract?
Karl the Giant
→ Uh... Nope.
→ Great! Here you go.
Will Bloom (Billy Crudup)
→ You have to understand. When I was growing up, he was gone more than he was here. And I started thinking? maybe he has a second life somewhere else. With another family, another house? he leaves us, he goes to them. Or maybe there is no second family. Maybe he never wanted a family. But whatever it is, maybe he likes that second life better. And the reason he tells all those stories is because he can't stand this boring place.
Josephine (Marion Cotillard)
→ But it's not true.
→ What is "true"? He's never told me a single true thing.