Released on November 12 of 1999 in the USA, "Dogma" (also known as "God", "Bearclaw") is an Adventure/Comedy/Fantasy/Romance film directed by Kevin Smith . Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are starring, alongside Linda Fiorentino, Jason Mewes, Chris Rock and Alan Rickman.
Get 'touched' by an angel.
Who directed "Dogma":
Dogma was directed by Kevin Smith, an American actor, director, writer, and producer.
Before making Dogma, Kevin Smith had directed Chasing Amy, released in 1997, Mallrats (1995), Clerks. (1994). Since, he directed Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, released in 2001, Jersey Girl (2004), Clerks II (2006), Red State (2008), Cop Out (2010).
What was the release date of "Dogma":
Dogma was first released in the United States on Friday, November 12, 1999. Also released on Friday, November 12, 1999 have been Anywhere But Here (dir. Wayne Wang), Felicia's Journey (dir. Atom Egoyan), and The Hungry Bachelors Club (dir. Gregory Ruzzin). This was twenty (20) years ago.
It has been released on Sunday, December 26, 1999 in the United Kingdom; Saturday, September 11, 1999 in Canada; Friday, May 21, 1999 in France; Thursday, April 20, 2000 in Germany; Friday, June 27, 2003 in Italy; Friday, February 11, 2000 in Spain; Thursday, February 03, 2000 in Australia and on Saturday, July 08, 2000 in Japan.
Who is at the casting of "Dogma":
At the casting of Dogma we find Ben Affleck, previously seen in Forces of Nature (1999) and 200 Cigarettes (1999); Matt Damon (Rounders (1998), Saving Private Ryan (1998)); Linda Fiorentino (Men in Black (1997), Kicked in the Head (1997)) [ more... ]
- Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Jason Mewes, Chris Rock, Jason Lee, Kevin Smith, George Carlin, Alanis Morissette, Dan Etheridge and Jeff Anderson can also be seen in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, released in 2001.
- Betty Aberlin and Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Jason Lee, George Carlin, Dan Etheridge also appeared together in Jersey Girl, released in 2004.
- Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Jason Mewes, Jason Lee and Kevin Smith can also be seen in Chasing Amy, released in 1997.
- Ben Affleck, Jason Mewes, Jason Lee, Kevin Smith and Jeff Anderson also appeared in Clerks II, released in 2006.
- Kevin Smith and Ben Affleck, Jason Mewes, Jason Lee can all be seen in Mallrats, released in 1995.
- Jason Mewes, Kevin Smith and Jeff Anderson can all be seen in Red State, released in 2008.
- Jason Mewes, Kevin Smith and Jeff Anderson also appeared in Clerks., released in 1994.
- Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes, Jason Lee also appeared in Drawing Flies, released in 1996.
What is the Storyline of "Dogma":
An old man (Cort) standing outside a skee ball arcade in New Jersey is beaten into a coma by three hockey stick-wielding teenagers, the Stygian Triplets.
Two fallen angels, Bartleby (Affleck) and Loki (Damon), were banished from Heaven after an inebriated Loki, with Bartleby's encouragement, resigned as the Angel of Death. Exiled to Wisconsin, the pair see their salvation when a church in Red Bank, New Jersey celebrates its centennial anniversary with a plenary indulgence. They can have their sins [...]
No message has yet been posted about Dogma.
Start a Topic
Matt Damon and Ben Affleck to team again.
1 message - Ben Affleck is reported to be preparing a film, where his friend, Matt Damon, is going to portray Withey Bulger, a modern Robin Hood who operated in...
Resources: View Askew Productions, STK Productions, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.