Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid1982
Starring Steve Martin, Rachel Ward, Alan Ladd, Carl Reiner, Barbara Stanwyck and Ray Milland, "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" (also known as "Dead Men Wear No Plaid", "Mistero del cadavere scomparso, Il", "Tote tragen keine Karos") is a Comedy/Crime/Thriller film directed by Carl Reiner, released in the USA on May 21 of 1982.
Laugh... or I'll blow your lips off!
Who is the director of "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid":
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid was directed by Carl Reiner, an American actor, director, writer, and producer.
Before directing Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, Carl Reiner had directed The Jerk, released in 1979, The One and Only (1978), Oh, God! (1977), Where's Poppa? (1970), The Comic (1969), and Enter Laughing (1967). Since, he directed The Man with Two Brains, released in 1983, All of Me (1984), Summer School (1987), Bert Rigby, You're a Fool (1989), Sibling Rivalry (1990), and Fatal Instinct (1993).
When was "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" released:
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid was initally released in the United States on Friday, May 21, 1982.. This was thirty-seven (37) years ago.
It has been released on Wednesday, September 22, 1982 in France and on Friday, August 20, 1982 in Germany.
What is the cast of "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid":
At the casting of Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid we find Steve Martin, previously seen in Pennies from Heaven (1981) and The Jerk (1979); Rachel Ward (Sharky's Machine (1981), Night School (1981)); Alan Ladd (Hustle (1975), The Carpetbaggers (1964)) [ more... ]
- Alan Ladd, Barbara Stanwyck, Ray Milland, Burt Lancaster and Veronica Lake can be seen in Variety Girl, released in 1947.
- Fred MacMurray and Alan Ladd, Ray Milland, Veronica Lake can also be seen in Star Spangled Rhythm, released in 1942.
- Humphrey Bogart, Bette Davis and Edward Arnold have all also be seen in Three on a Match, released in 1932.
- Ingrid Bergman and Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant can all be seen in Smash His Camera, released in 2010.
- Barbara Stanwyck, Bette Davis and Joan Crawford also appeared in Hollywood Canteen, released in 1944.
- Kirk Douglas and Ava Gardner, Burt Lancaster can be seen in Seven Days in May, released in 1964.
What is the Storyline of "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid":
In the opening scene, John Hay Forrest (George Gaynes), noted scientist and cheesemaker, dies in a single-vehicle car accident (represented by the car wreck scene from Keeper of the Flame). In the next scene, private investigator Rigby Reardon (Steve Martin) is reading a newspaper when Forrest's daughter, Juliet (Rachel Ward), enters his office and faints when the paper's headline reminds her of her father's death. Upon coming to, she hires Rigby to investigate the death, which she thinks was [...]
Start a Topic
Resources: Aspen Film Society, Universal Pictures, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.