Directed by Phillip Noyce, "Newsfront" is a Drama/History film, released in the USA on May 30 of 1979 , starring Bill Hunter, Wendy Hughes, Gerard Kennedy, Chris Haywood, John Ewart and Don Crosby.
When the news ran out...they made their own
Who directed "Newsfront":
Newsfront was directed by Phillip Noyce, an Australian director, actor, writer, producer, and cinematographer.
Before Newsfront, Phillip Noyce had directed Backroads, released in 1977. Since, he directed Heatwave, released in 1982, Echoes of Paradise (1987), Dead Calm (1989), Blind Fury (1989), Patriot Games (1992), and Sliver (1993).
What was the release date of "Newsfront":
Newsfront was initially released on Wednesday, May 30, 1979, in the United States.. This was thirty-nine (39) years ago.
It has been released on Wednesday, June 15, 1983 in France and on Saturday, July 29, 1978 in Australia.
What is the casting of "Newsfront":
At the casting of Newsfront we find Bill Hunter, previously seen in Weekend of Shadows (1978) and Backroads (1977); Wendy Hughes (Petersen (1974)); Gerard Kennedy () [ more... ]
- Robyn Moase and Bill Hunter, Chris Haywood, Don Crosby, Bill Lyle also appeared together in Heatwave, released in 1982.
- Wendy Hughes, Chris Haywood, John Clayton and John Flaus can all be seen in Warm Nights on a Slow Moving Train, released in 1988.
- Bill Hunter, Bryan Brown, Tony Barry and Les Foxcroft can all be seen in Weekend of Shadows, released in 1978.
- Bruce Spence and Bill Hunter, Bryan Brown, Tony Barry can all be seen in Australia, released in 2008.
- Les Foxcroft and Don Crosby, Lorna Lesley, Tony Barry also worked together in Little Boy Lost, released in 1978.
- Bill Hunter, John Clayton and Bryan Brown also worked together in Far East, released in 1982.
- John Ewart, Drew Forsythe and Les Foxcroft can be seen in Caddie, released in 1976.
- Les Foxcroft and Chris Haywood, Drew Forsythe also appeared in Burke & Wills, released in 1985.
- John Clayton, Bryan Brown and John Flaus can also be seen in Palm Beach, released in 1979.
- Bruce Spence and Bill Hunter, Chris Haywood can be seen in The Return of Captain Invincible, released in 1983.
What is the Storyline of "Newsfront":
The plot of the movie is about photographers and cameramen who will do anything to get footage. Set between the years 1949 and 1956, the film tracks the destinies of two brothers, their adventures and misadventures placed in the context of sweeping social and political changes in their native Australia. Frank Maguire is constitutionally resistant to change, while his younger brother Len Maguire welcomes any alterations in his own life and in the world around him.
No message has yet been posted about Newsfront.
Start a Topic
Resources: Australian Film Commission, The, N.S.W. Film Corporation, New South Wales Film Corp., Palm Beach Pictures, Village Roadshow Pictures, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.