Released in the USA on August 04 of 1971, "Lawman" (also known as "Io sono la legge") is a Western film directed by Michael Winner . Burt Lancaster and Robert Ryan are starring, alongside Lee J. Cobb, Robert Duvall, Sheree North and Joseph Wiseman.
Who is the director of "Lawman":
Lawman was directed by Michael Winner, an English director, producer, writer, and actor.
Before directing Lawman, Michael Winner had directed The Games, released in 1970, I'll Never Forget What's'isname (1967), The System (1964), Play It Cool (1962), Old Mac (1961). Since, he directed The Nightcomers, released in 1972, Chato's Land (1972), The Mechanic (1972), Scorpio (1973), The Stone Killer (1973), and Won Ton Ton, the Dog Who Saved Hollywood (1976).
What was the release date of "Lawman":
Lawman was first released on Wednesday, August 04, 1971, in the United States. Also released on Wednesday, August 04, 1971 have been Johnny Got His Gun (dir. Dalton Trumbo) and Gezora, Ganime, Kameba: Kessen! Nankai no daikaijū (dir. Ishirō Honda). This was forty-eight (48) years ago.
It has been released on Thursday, March 11, 1971 in the United Kingdom; Wednesday, July 21, 1971 in France and on Friday, April 02, 1971 in Germany.
Who is at the casting of "Lawman":
At the casting of Lawman we find Burt Lancaster, previously seen in Airport (1970) and The Gypsy Moths (1969); Robert Ryan (Captain Nemo and the Underwater City (1969), The Wild Bunch (1969)); Lee J. Cobb (The Liberation of L.B. Jones (1970), Mackenna's Gold (1969)) [ more... ]
- Burt Lancaster, Robert Ryan, Walter Brooke and Richard Bull also appeared in Executive Action, released in 1973.
- J.D. Cannon, Ralph Waite and Charles Tyner also appeared together in Cool Hand Luke, released in 1967.
- Sheree North and Robert Ryan, Robert Duvall can also be seen in The Outfit, released in 1973.
- Richard Bull and Charles Tyner, Lou Frizzell also appeared in The Stalking Moon, released in 1968.
- Burt Lancaster, Joseph Wiseman and Albert Salmi also appeared in The Unforgiven, released in 1960.
- Ralph Waite, Robert Emhardt and Charles Tyner can all be seen in The Stone Killer, released in 1973.
- Burt Lancaster, J.D. Cannon and Robert Emhardt also appeared together in Scorpio, released in 1973.
- Robert Ryan, Albert Salmi and Richard Bull also worked together in Hour of the Gun, released in 1967.
What is the Storyline of "Lawman":
The film starts with a scene common to many Westerns, cowboys in a drunken state shooting up a town and wreaking havoc. The rowdies are from the town of Sabbath and are visiting the town of Bannock for a little recreation that gets out of hand.
The town's marshal, Jered Maddox, rides into Sabbath and is not alone. He brings along the body of Marc Corman, one of the unruly cowhands from the recent drunken spree in Bannock, carrying it on the back of a horse. Corman and five others were involved in the [...]
No message has yet been posted about Lawman.
Start a Topic
Resources: Scimitar Films, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.