Released in the USA on June 24 of 1970, "Chisum" is a Western film directed by Andrew V. McLaglen . John Wayne and Forrest Tucker are starring, alongside Christopher George, Ben Johnson, Glenn Corbett and Andrew Prine.
THE HERO - John Wayne is "Chisum"
Who is the director of "Chisum":
Chisum was directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, an English director, producer, and actor.
Before Chisum, Andrew V. McLaglen had directed The Undefeated, released in 1969, Hellfighters (1968), Bandolero! (1968), The Devil's Brigade (1968), The Way West (1967), and The Ballad of Josie (1967). Since, he directed Fools' Parade, released in 1971, Something Big (1971), Cahill U.S. Marshal (1973), Mitchell (1975), The Last Hard Men (1976), and The Wild Geese (1978).
When was "Chisum" released:
Chisum was initally released in the United States on Wednesday, June 24, 1970. Also released on Wednesday, June 24, 1970 have been Catch-22 (dir. Mike Nichols), Darling Lili (dir. Blake Edwards), and Myra Breckinridge. This was forty-nine (49) years ago.
It has been released on Thursday, July 23, 1970 in the United Kingdom and on Thursday, October 01, 1970 in Germany.
Who is at the casting of "Chisum":
At the casting of Chisum we find John Wayne, previously seen in The Undefeated (1969) and True Grit (1969); Forrest Tucker (The Night They Raided Minsky's (1968), Don't Worry, We'll Think of a Title (1966)); Christopher George (The Delta Factor (1970), The Thousand Plane Raid (1969)) [ more... ]
- Edward Faulkner and John Wayne, Ben Johnson, Bruce Cabot, John Agar, Robert Donner also worked together in The Undefeated, released in 1969.
- John Agar and John Wayne, Glenn Corbett, Bruce Cabot also appeared in Big Jake, released in 1971.
- John Wayne, Forrest Tucker, Richard Jaeckel and John Agar also appeared in Sands of Iwo Jima, released in 1949.
- Edward Faulkner and John Wayne, Bruce Cabot also appeared together in The Green Berets, released in 1968.
- Edward Faulkner and John Wayne, Bruce Cabot also worked together in Hellfighters, released in 1968.
- Edward Faulkner and Ben Johnson, Robert Donner also appeared in Something Big, released in 1971.
- Richard Jaeckel, Ray Teal and Glenn Langan can all be seen in Wing and a Prayer, released in 1944.
- Christopher George, Andrew Prine and Richard Jaeckel also appeared in Grizzly, released in 1976.
- John Wayne, Bruce Cabot and Edward Faulkner have all also be seen in McLintock!, released in 1963.
- Richard Jaeckel and Andrew Prine, Patric Knowles also worked together in The Devil's Brigade, released in 1968.
- John Wayne, Christopher George and Ben Johnson also worked together in The Train Robbers, released in 1973.
- John Wayne, Robert Donner and Edward Faulkner can be seen in Rio Lobo, released in 1970.
What is the Storyline of "Chisum":
John Chisum (John Wayne), a virtuous, patriarchal land baron, locks horns with greedy Lawrence Murphy (Forrest Tucker), who will stop at nothing to get control of the trade and even the law in Lincoln County.
Chisum is an aging rancher with an eventful past and a paternalistic nature towards his companions and community. Murphy, a malevolent land developer, plans to take control of the county for his own personal gain.
The story begins with Murphy's men tipping off Mexican rustlers who plan to [...]
No message has yet been posted about Chisum.
Start a Topic
Resources: Batjac Productions, Warner Bros. Pictures, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.