The League of Gentlemen1960
Directed by Basil Dearden, "The League of Gentlemen" is an Adventure/Crime/Comedy film, released in the USA on January 24 of 1961 , starring Jack Hawkins, Nigel Patrick, Roger Livesey, Richard Attenborough, Bryan Forbes and Kieron Moore.
Who directed "The League of Gentlemen":
The League of Gentlemen was directed by Basil Dearden, an English director, producer, and writer.
Before The League of Gentlemen, Basil Dearden had directed Sapphire, released in 1959, Violent Playground (1958), The Smallest Show on Earth (1957), The Green Man (1956), The Ship That Died of Shame (1955), and The Square Ring (1953). Since, he directed Man in the Moon, released in 1960, Victim (1961), All Night Long (1962), Life for Ruth (1962), A Place to Go (1963), and Woman of Straw (1964).
What was the release date of "The League of Gentlemen":
The League of Gentlemen was first released in the United States on Tuesday, January 24, 1961. Also released on this day was The Flesh and the Fiends (dir. John Gilling). This was fifty-nine (59) years ago.
It has been released on Tuesday, April 05, 1960 in the United Kingdom and on Friday, October 07, 1960 in Germany.
What is the casting of "The League of Gentlemen":
At the casting of The League of Gentlemen we find Jack Hawkins, previously seen in Ben-Hur (1959) and The Two-Headed Spy (1958); Nigel Patrick (Sapphire (1959), The Man Inside (1958)); Roger Livesey (The Master of Ballantrae (1953), Green Grow the Rushes (1951)) [ more... ]
- Richard Attenborough, Terence Alexander, Melissa Stribling and David Lodge also appeared together in Only When I Larf, released in 1968.
- Jack Hawkins, Norman Bird, Nanette Newman and David Lodge can all be seen in Oh! What a Lovely War, released in 1969.
- Richard Attenborough, Bryan Forbes, Norman Bird and Brian Murray can all be seen in The Angry Silence, released in 1960.
- David Lodge and Richard Attenborough, Terence Alexander also appeared together in The Magic Christian, released in 1969.
- Roger Livesey, Richard Attenborough and Robert Coote also worked together in A Matter of Life and Death, released in 1946.
- David Lodge and Jack Hawkins, Richard Attenborough can all be seen in Guns at Batasi, released in 1964.
- Robert Coote and Jack Hawkins, Terence Alexander can also be seen in The Elusive Pimpernel, released in 1950.
- Roger Livesey, Bryan Forbes and Nanette Newman have all also be seen in Of Human Bondage, released in 1964.
What is the Storyline of "The League of Gentlemen":
A manhole opens at night in an empty street and out climbs Lieutenant-Colonel Norman Hyde (Jack Hawkins) in a dinner suit. He gets into a Rolls-Royce and drives home. There, he prepares seven envelopes, each containing an American crime paperback called The Golden Fleece, ten half-£5-notes (i.e. £50 in total with the other halves) and an unsigned invitation from ?Co-operative Removals Limited? to lunch at the Café Royal.
He posts the envelopes to former army officers, each in desperate [...]
No message has yet been posted about The League of Gentlemen.
Start a Topic
Photos of Peta Wilson from "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" (2003), a film by Stephen Norrington
1 message - Released in the USA on July 11 of 2003, «The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen» (also known as "League, The", "Leggenda...
The Fate of the Crippled Cub
73 messages - To the Jouberts:...
What the hell ?
4 messages - No seriously , WHAT THE HELL ? I just looked all theese people up and it's making my head spin trying to imagine any of thees douche bags as filling...
A league of their Own
1 message - I might be repeating my message. I am new to Copy & Paste. Years ago my husband and I saw "A League of Their Own". It is among my...
( 2003 )The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Directed by: S. Norrington, starring S. Connery, N. Shah, P. Wilson, T. Curran...
( 2005 )The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse
Directed by: S. Bendelack, starring M. Gatiss, S. Pemberton, R. Shearsmith, M. Sheen...
( 1998 )Major League: Back to the Minors
Directed by: J. Warren, starring S. Bakula, C. Bernsen, D. Haysbert, T. Ishibashi...
( 1981 )Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains
Directed by: L. Adler, starring P. Donat, D. Lane, M. Kanter, L. Dern...
Resources: Allied Film Makers, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.