The Last Hurrah1958
Directed by John Ford, and written by Frank S. Nugent (screenplay), "The Last Hurrah" (also known as "Ultimo urrà, L'") is a Drama film, released in the USA on October 24 of 1958 . Spencer Tracy and Jeffrey Hunter are starring, alongside Dianne Foster, Pat O'Brien, Basil Rathbone and Donald Crisp.
Big book! big cast! big picture!
Who is the director of "The Last Hurrah":
The Last Hurrah was directed by John Ford, an American director, producer, writer, and actor.
Before making The Last Hurrah, John Ford had directed Gideon's Day, released in 1958, The Rising of the Moon (1957), The Wings of Eagles (1957), The Searchers (1956), Mister Roberts (1955), and The Long Gray Line (1955). Since, he directed The Horse Soldiers, released in 1959, Sergeant Rutledge (1960), Two Rode Together (1961), The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962), How the West Was Won (1962), and Donovan's Reef (1963).
When was "The Last Hurrah" released:
The Last Hurrah was first released on Friday, October 24, 1958, in the United States. Also released on this day were Torpedo Run (dir. Joseph Pevney) and Manina, la fille sans voile (dir. Willy Rozier). This was sixty (60) years ago.
It has been released on Friday, April 10, 1959 in Germany.
Who is at the casting of "The Last Hurrah":
At the casting of The Last Hurrah we find Spencer Tracy, previously seen in Desk Set (1957) and The Mountain (1956); Jeffrey Hunter (Count Five and Die (1958), No Down Payment (1957)); Dianne Foster (Gideon's Day (1958), The Deep Six (1958)) [ more... ]
- Anna Lee and Willis Bouchey, Basil Ruysdael, Carleton Young, William Leslie can also be seen in The Horse Soldiers, released in 1959.
- Anna Lee and John Carradine, Willis Bouchey, Carleton Young also appeared together in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, released in 1962.
- John Carradine and Spencer Tracy, Basil Rathbone can all be seen in Land of Liberty, released in 1939.
- Donald Crisp, Willis Bouchey and William Leslie can also be seen in The Long Gray Line, released in 1955.
- Frank McHugh and Pat O'Brien, Edward Brophy also appeared together in Devil Dogs of the Air, released in 1935.
- Carleton Young and Jeffrey Hunter, Willis Bouchey also appeared in Sergeant Rutledge, released in 1960.
- Carleton Young and Jeffrey Hunter, John Carradine also appeared together in The True Story of Jesse James, released in 1957.
- John Carradine, Willis Bouchey and Carleton Young can all be seen in Cheyenne Autumn, released in 1964.
- Dianne Foster, Willis Bouchey and Basil Ruysdael also worked together in The Violent Men, released in 1955.
- Carleton Young and Donald Crisp, Basil Ruysdael also appeared in Prince Valiant, released in 1954.
- Edward Brophy, Wallace Ford and Frank McHugh also worked together in All Through the Night, released in 1941.
- Spencer Tracy, Willis Bouchey and Carleton Young can all be seen in How the West Was Won, released in 1962.
What is the Storyline of "The Last Hurrah":
In "a New England city", Frank Skeffington plans to run for a fifth term. Skeffington rose from poverty in an Irish ghetto to become mayor and former governor, and is skilled at using the power of his office and an enormous political machine of ward heelers to receive support from his Irish Catholic base and other demographics. Rumors of graft and abuse of power are widespread, however, and the Catholic cardinal, Protestant bishop, newspaper publisher Amos Force, banker Norman Cass, and other members of the [...]
No message has yet been posted about The Last Hurrah.
Start a Topic
Resources: Columbia Pictures Corporation, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.