South Sea Woman1953
Starring Burt Lancaster, Virginia Mayo, Chuck Connors, Barry Kelley, Hayden Rorke and Bob Sweeney, "South Sea Woman" (also known as "Marines Had a Word for It, The", "Sergente Bum!, Il", "Sulu Sea") is a Comedy/War film directed by Arthur Lubin, released in the USA on June 03 of 1953.
Who is the director of "South Sea Woman":
South Sea Woman was directed by Arthur Lubin, an American director, actor, and producer.
Before directing South Sea Woman, Arthur Lubin had directed It Grows on Trees, released in 1952, Francis Goes to West Point (1952), Francis Goes to the Races (1951), Francis (1950), Impact (1949), and New Orleans (1947). Since, he directed Francis Covers the Big Town, released in 1953, Francis Joins the WACS (1954), Footsteps in the Fog (1955), Francis in the Navy (1955), Lady Godiva of Coventry (1955), and The First Traveling Saleslady (1956).
When was "South Sea Woman" released:
South Sea Woman was initially released on Wednesday, June 03, 1953, in the United States. Also released on this day was The Moon Is Blue (dir. Otto Preminger). This was sixty-six (66) years ago.
It has been released on Friday, September 02, 1955 in Germany.
What is the cast of "South Sea Woman":
At the casting of South Sea Woman we find Burt Lancaster, previously seen in Come Back, Little Sheba (1952) and The Crimson Pirate (1952); Virginia Mayo (The Iron Mistress (1952), Starlift (1951)); Chuck Connors (Trouble Along the Way (1953), The Silver Whip (1953)) [ more... ]
- Barry Kelley, Cliff Clark, Paul Bryar and Jim Hayward can all be seen in Southside 1-1000, released in 1950.
- Raymond Greenleaf and Burt Lancaster, Paul Burke also appeared together in Three Sailors and a Girl, released in 1953.
- Jim Hayward and Barry Kelley, Cliff Clark also worked together in Carrie, released in 1952.
- Virginia Mayo, Rudolph Anders and John Alderson also worked together in King Richard and the Crusaders, released in 1954.
- William O'Leary and Bob Sweeney, Cliff Clark can be seen in It Grows on Trees, released in 1952.
- Arthur Shields, Paul Bryar and Strother Martin also appeared together in The People Against O'Hara, released in 1951.
- Leon Askin, Veola Vonn and Paul Burke can be seen in Spy Chasers, released in 1955.
What is the Storyline of "South Sea Woman":
U.S. Marine Master Gunnery Sergeant James O'Hearn (Burt Lancaster) is being tried at the San Diego Marine base for desertion, theft, scandalous conduct and destruction of property in time of war. He refuses to testify or plead guilty or not guilty to the charges. The film alternates between flashbacks and the courtroom, as witnesses give their testimony.
Showgirl Ginger Martin (Virginia Mayo) takes the stand against his protest. Ginger tells how she, broke and stranded, met O'Hearn and his friend, [...]
No message has yet been posted about South Sea Woman.
Start a Topic
Resources: Warner Bros. Pictures, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.