The Beginning or the End1947
Released in the USA on February 19 of 1947, "The Beginning or the End" (also known as "Morte è discesa a Hiroshima, La") is a Drama/History/War film directed by Norman Taurog , starring Brian Donlevy, Robert Walker, Tom Drake, Beverly Tyler, Audrey Totter and Hume Cronyn.
Who directed "The Beginning or the End":
The Beginning or the End was directed by Norman Taurog, an American director, and actor.
Before The Beginning or the End, Norman Taurog had directed The Hoodlum Saint, released in 1946, Girl Crazy (1943), A Yank at Eton (1942), Men of Boys Town (1941), Little Nellie Kelly (1940), and Gold Rush Maisie (1940). Since, he directed Words and Music, released in 1948, Please Believe Me (1950), The Toast of New Orleans (1950), Mrs. O'Malley and Mr. Malone (1950), Rich, Young and Pretty (1951), and Room for One More (1952).
What was the release date of "The Beginning or the End":
The Beginning or the End was initially released on Wednesday, February 19, 1947, in the United States. Also released on Wednesday, February 19, 1947 has been Premier rendez-vous (dir. Henri Decoin). This was seventy-two (72) years ago.
It has been released on Sunday, December 10, 1978 in France and on Saturday, September 02, 1950 in Japan.
What is the cast of "The Beginning or the End":
At the casting of The Beginning or the End we find Brian Donlevy, previously seen in Canyon Passage (1946) and The Virginian (1946); Robert Walker (Till the Clouds Roll By (1946), Her Highness and the Bellboy (1945)); Tom Drake (Courage of Lassie (1946), The Green Years (1946)) [ more... ]
- Tom Drake, Beverly Tyler, Hume Cronyn, Richard Haydn and Henry O'Neill also worked together in The Green Years, released in 1946.
- Jonathan Hale, John Litel, Henry O'Neill and John Hamilton also appeared together in Land of Liberty, released in 1939.
- Robert Walker, Audrey Totter, Warner Anderson and Ludwig Stössel also appeared in Her Highness and the Bellboy, released in 1945.
- John Hamilton and Audrey Totter, Jonathan Hale, Warner Anderson can also be seen in High Wall, released in 1947.
- John Hamilton and John Litel, Henry O'Neill also appeared together in They Drive by Night, released in 1940.
- John Litel, John Hamilton and Frank Ferguson also appeared in They Died with Their Boots On, released in 1941.
- John Hamilton and Brian Donlevy, Victor Francen also appeared together in Hold Back the Dawn, released in 1941.
- Barry Nelson and Brian Donlevy, Warner Anderson can also be seen in Command Decision, released in 1948.
- Frank Ferguson and Tom Drake, John Litel can also be seen in Cass Timberlane, released in 1947.
- Henry O'Neill and Jonathan Hale, John Litel have all also be seen in Wings of the Navy, released in 1939.
- Art Baker, John Hamilton and Frank Ferguson have all also be seen in Walk a Crooked Mile, released in 1948.
What is the Storyline of "The Beginning or the End":
The film dramatizes the creation of the atomic bomb in the Manhattan Project and the subsequent bombing of Japan.
No message has yet been posted about The Beginning or the End.
Start a Topic
( 1957 )Beginning of the End
Directed by: B. I. Gordon, starring P. Graves, P. Castle, M. Ankrum, T. Wyenn...
( 1955 )The End of the Affair
Directed by: E. Dmytryk, starring D. Kerr, V. Johnson, J. Mills, P. Cushing...
( 2004 )A Home at the End of the World
( 1999 )The End of the Affair
Directed by: N. Jordan, starring R. Fiennes, S. Rea, J. Moore, J. Bolam...
Resources: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.