It's a Wonderful Life1946
Starring James Stewart, Donna Reed, Lionel Barrymore, Thomas Mitchell, Henry Travers and Beulah Bondi, "It's a Wonderful Life" (also known as "Vita è meravigliosa, La", "Ist das Leben nicht schön?") is a Drama/Family/Fantasy/Romance film directed by Frank Capra, and written by Jo Swerling (additional scenes) and Frances Goodrich, released in the USA on December 20 of 1946.
They're going steady...straight to your heart!
Who is the director of "It's a Wonderful Life":
It's a Wonderful Life was directed by Frank Capra, an Italian director, producer, and writer.
Before It's a Wonderful Life, Frank Capra had directed Arsenic and Old Lace, released in 1944, Meet John Doe (1941), Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939), You Can't Take It with You (1938), Mr. Deeds Goes to Town (1936), and Broadway Bill (1934). Since, he directed State of the Union, released in 1948, Riding High (1950), Here Comes the Groom (1951), A Hole in the Head (1959), Pocketful of Miracles (1961).
When was "It's a Wonderful Life" released:
It's a Wonderful Life was initally released in the United States on Friday, December 20, 1946. Another film released on Friday, December 20, 1946 is The Locket (dir. John Brahm). This was seventy-two (72) years ago.
It has been released on Friday, December 05, 1997 in the United Kingdom; Wednesday, December 10, 1947 in France; Tuesday, December 25, 1962 in Germany; Thursday, June 24, 1948 in Italy; Saturday, March 27, 1948 in Spain; Thursday, August 14, 1947 in Australia and on Wednesday, February 17, 1954 in Japan.
What is the cast of "It's a Wonderful Life":
At the casting of It's a Wonderful Life we find James Stewart, previously seen in Ziegfeld Girl (1941) and Pot o' Gold (1941); Donna Reed (They Were Expendable (1945), The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945)); Lionel Barrymore (Three Wise Fools (1946), The Valley of Decision (1945)) [ more... ]
- James Stewart, Lionel Barrymore, Ward Bond, H.B. Warner and Samuel S. Hinds have all also be seen in You Can't Take It with You, released in 1938.
- James Stewart, Thomas Mitchell, Beulah Bondi and H.B. Warner have all also be seen in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, released in 1939.
- Ward Bond and James Stewart, Lionel Barrymore, Beulah Bondi also worked together in The Gorgeous Hussy, released in 1936.
- Ward Bond and James Stewart, Beulah Bondi can be seen in Of Human Hearts, released in 1938.
- Frank Faylen, Ward Bond and Mary Treen can be seen in The Go Getter, released in 1937.
- Donna Reed, Mary Treen and Argentina Brunetti also appeared in The Caddy, released in 1953.
- Beulah Bondi and James Stewart, Lionel Barrymore also appeared together in Land of Liberty, released in 1939.
- Samuel S. Hinds and Beulah Bondi, Ward Bond also appeared together in The Shepherd of the Hills, released in 1941.
- Ward Bond and Lionel Barrymore, Frank Faylen also appeared in A Guy Named Joe, released in 1943.
- Thomas Mitchell, Frank Faylen and Ward Bond also appeared in Gone with the Wind, released in 1939.
What is the Storyline of "It's a Wonderful Life":
Christmas Eve finds George Bailey (James Stewart) deeply troubled, and repeated prayers for his wellbeing from numerous friends and family members reach Heaven. Clarence Odbody (Henry Travers), Angel Second Class, is assigned to save him and earn his wings. Joseph, the head angel, reviews George's life with Clarence. At the age of 12, George (Bobby Anderson) saved the life of his younger brother Harry (George Nokes) who had fallen through the ice on a pond, though George lost the hearing in one ear. Later, [...]
No message has yet been posted about It's a Wonderful Life.
Start a Topic
1 message - The most gorgeous teenage girl I've ever seen on an erotic movie....
One person can change your life forever: "Amélie" (2001), a film by Jean-Pierre Jeunet
1 message - Directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, and written by Guillaume Laurant and Jean-Pierre Jeunet, «Amélie» (also known as...
Transformers 3 Title leaked?
4 messages - TFW2005.com is reporting what could be the definitive title of the third upcoming Transformers movie: "Transformers: The Dark Of The Moon"...
1 message - I wish I could find a woman like her. She is wonderful!...
Life is the ultimate work of art: "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" (2008), a film by Woody Allen
1 message - Directed and written by Woody Allen, «Vicky Cristina Barcelona» (also known as "Midnight in Barcelona", "Woody Allen...
Resources: Liberty Films, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.