Week-End at the Waldorf1945
Starring Ginger Rogers, Lana Turner, Walter Pidgeon, Van Johnson, Edward Arnold and Keenan Wynn, "Week-End at the Waldorf" (also known as "Grand hotel Astoria", "Weekend im Waldorf", "Weekend at the Waldorf") is a Comedy/Drama/Musical/Romance film directed by Robert Z. Leonard, and written by Sam Spewack (screenplay) and Guy Bolton (adaptation), released on October 05 of 1945 in the USA.
It's always exciting and Romantic!
Who is the director of "Week-End at the Waldorf":
Week-End at the Waldorf was directed by Robert Z. Leonard, an American director, producer, writer, and actor.
Before directing Week-End at the Waldorf, Robert Z. Leonard had directed The Man from Down Under, released in 1943, Stand by for Action (1942), When Ladies Meet (1941), Ziegfeld Girl (1941), Third Finger, Left Hand (1940), and Pride and Prejudice (1940). Since, he directed The Secret Heart, released in 1946, B.F.'s Daughter (1948), The Bribe (1949), In the Good Old Summertime (1949), Nancy Goes to Rio (1950), and Duchess of Idaho (1950).
When was "Week-End at the Waldorf" released:
Week-End at the Waldorf was first released on Friday, October 05, 1945, in the United States. Also released on Friday, October 05, 1945 have been Bud Abbott and Lou Costello in Hollywood (dir. S. Sylvan Simon), Shadow of Terror (dir. Lew Landers), and Strange Confession (dir. John Hoffman). This was seventy-four (74) years ago.
It has been released on Thursday, May 22, 1947 in France and on Tuesday, January 05, 1988 in Germany.
What is the casting of "Week-End at the Waldorf":
At the casting of Week-End at the Waldorf we find Ginger Rogers, previously seen in I'll Be Seeing You (1944) and Lady in the Dark (1944); Lana Turner (Keep Your Powder Dry (1945), Du Barry Was a Lady (1943)); Walter Pidgeon (Mrs. Parkington (1944), Madame Curie (1943)) [ more... ]
- Walter Pidgeon, Van Johnson, Edward Arnold and Warner Anderson also appeared together in Command Decision, released in 1948.
- Lana Turner, Van Johnson, Keenan Wynn and Miles Mander also appeared in Somewhere I'll Find You, released in 1942.
- Van Johnson, Edward Arnold and Keenan Wynn can also be seen in Ziegfeld Follies, released in 1946.
- Warner Anderson and Edward Arnold, Michael Kirby also worked together in Three Wise Fools, released in 1946.
- Van Johnson, Phyllis Thaxter and Leon Ames also appeared together in Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo, released in 1944.
- Leon Ames, George Zucco and Miles Mander have all also be seen in Suez, released in 1938.
- Miles Mander and Walter Pidgeon, Van Johnson have all also be seen in Madame Curie, released in 1943.
- Edward Arnold, Porter Hall and Frank Puglia can all be seen in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, released in 1939.
- Rosemary DeCamp and Van Johnson, Leon Ames also appeared in The Big Hangover, released in 1950.
- Porter Hall, Frank Puglia and Rosemary DeCamp also worked together in Blood on the Sun, released in 1945.
- Leon Ames and Van Johnson, Keenan Wynn have all also be seen in It's a Big Country, released in 1951.
- Miles Mander and Van Johnson, Edward Arnold also appeared in The War Against Mrs. Hadley, released in 1942.
- Keenan Wynn, Leon Ames and Warner Anderson also appeared together in Song of the Thin Man, released in 1947.
- Walter Pidgeon, Van Johnson and Keenan Wynn also appeared in Men of the Fighting Lady, released in 1954.
What is the Storyline of "Week-End at the Waldorf":
The film focuses on various guests staying at New York City's famed Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. Among them are lonely screen star Irene Malvern, in town with her maid Anna for a childhood friend's wedding and the premiere of her latest movie; war correspondent Chip Collyer, mistaken for a jewel thief by Irene but playing along to catch her attention; flyer Capt. James Hollis, wounded in World War II and facing perilous surgery in three days; wealthy shyster Martin X. Edley, who is trying to sign the Bey [...]
No message has yet been posted about Week-End at the Waldorf.
Start a Topic
Dear John Quotes
50 messages - :...
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa leads the week-end box office.
1 message - Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa leads the week-end box office with a $63.5 million gross earning, surpassing the first Madagascar film , which debuted at...
Movie: "Weeks Ends Only", 1932
1 message - See new musical attribution by R.H. Bassett for Fox film: "Week Ends Only" (Directed by Alan Crosland) at choiralleypress.com, Pg.4...
137 messages - underlying meaning...
Help me understand the ending (spoiler)
28 messages - Ok... at the end of the movie, why does the lawyer give him a chance to choose.... either way isnt he going to be sentenced to death?? did the lawyer...
( 1941 )Week-End in Havana
Directed by: W. Lang, starring A. Faye, C. Miranda, J. Payne, C. Romero...
( 1972 )Deliverance
Directed by: J. Boorman, starring J. Voight, B. Reynolds, N. Beatty, R. Cox...
( 1949 )Pas de week-end pour notre amour
Directed by: P. Montazel, starring L. Mariano...
( 1967 )Week End
Directed by: Jean.-Luc. Godard, starring M. Darc, J. Yanne, Jean.-Pierre. Kalfon, V. Lagrange...
Resources: Loew's, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.