The Day Will Dawn1942
Released in the USA on November 24 of 1942, "The Day Will Dawn" is a Drama/War film directed by Harold French . Hugh Williams is starring, alongside Deborah Kerr, Ralph Richardson, Francis L. Sullivan, Roland Culver and Finlay Currie.
Who is the director of "The Day Will Dawn":
The Day Will Dawn was directed by Harold French, an English director, actor, writer, and producer.
Before making The Day Will Dawn, Harold French had directed Jeannie, released in 1941. Since, he directed Unpublished Story, released in 1942, Mr. Emmanuel (1944), Quiet Weekend (1946), Adam and Evelyne (1949), Trio (1950), and Encore (1951).
What was the release date of "The Day Will Dawn":
The Day Will Dawn was first released on Tuesday, November 24, 1942, in the United States. Also released on this day was The Payoff (dir. Arthur Dreifuss). This was seventy-six (76) years ago.
It has been released on Monday, June 08, 1942 in the United Kingdom.
What is the casting of "The Day Will Dawn":
At the casting of The Day Will Dawn we find Hugh Williams, previously seen in The Dark Eyes of London (1940) and Wuthering Heights (1939); Deborah Kerr (Love on the Dole (1941), Major Barbara (1941)); Ralph Richardson (The Lion Has Wings (1939), The Four Feathers (1939)) [ more... ]
- Roland Culver, Patricia Medina, David Horne, Brefni O'Rorke and Bernard Miles also worked together in The First of the Few, released in 1942.
- Francis L. Sullivan, Finlay Currie and Bernard Miles have all also be seen in Great Expectations, released in 1946.
- Bernard Miles and Niall MacGinnis, Brefni O'Rorke also appeared in The Tawny Pipit, released in 1944.
- John Warwick and Francis L. Sullivan, David Horne also appeared together in 21 Days, released in 1940.
- Roland Pertwee, David Horne and Brefni O'Rorke have all also be seen in They Were Sisters, released in 1945.
- Brefni O'Rorke and Deborah Kerr, Roland Culver also appeared in Perfect Strangers, released in 1945.
- Deborah Kerr, Raymond Huntley and Brefni O'Rorke also appeared together in I See a Dark Stranger, released in 1946.
- David Horne and Roland Culver, Raymond Huntley can be seen in Night Train to Munich, released in 1940.
- Roland Pertwee and Francis L. Sullivan, Raymond Huntley have all also be seen in 'Pimpernel' Smith, released in 1941.
- David Horne and Niall MacGinnis, Henry Oscar can all be seen in Martin Luther, released in 1953.
- Bernard Miles and Hugh Williams, Roland Culver also worked together in One of Our Aircraft Is Missing, released in 1942.
- Beckett Bould and Ralph Richardson, Niall MacGinnis can be seen in Anna Karenina, released in 1948.
- Bernard Miles and Ralph Richardson, Francis L. Sullivan can be seen in The Citadel, released in 1938.
- Hugh Williams, Ralph Richardson and Roland Culver also appeared in The Holly and the Ivy, released in 1952.
- Roland Culver, Finlay Currie and Raymond Huntley also worked together in Trio, released in 1950.
- Finlay Currie, Henry Oscar and David Horne also appeared in Beau Brummell, released in 1954.
What is the Storyline of "The Day Will Dawn":
As the Germans invade Poland in September 1939, the former horse racing-correspondent Metcalfe is placed as a foreign correspondent in neutral Norway. Eight months later, he meets a Norwegian fisherman called Alstad in a sailors' bar, where a scuffle breaks out between British and Norwegian sailors (singing "Rule Britannia", egged on by Metcalfe) and German ones (singing the Hoerst Wessel song (the Nazi party anthem). Alstad takes him aboard his boat during a sea voyage in Norway's territorial waters, [...]
No message has yet been posted about The Day Will Dawn.
Start a Topic
Oldies: "The Day After Tomorrow" (2004), a film by Roland Emmerich
1 message - Released in the USA on May 24 of 2004, «The Day After Tomorrow» (also known as "Tomorrow", "Alba del giorno dopo, L'",...
Photo Gallery for "The Day", a film by Douglas Aarniokoski
1 message - Directed by Douglas Aarniokoski, and written by Luke Passmore, «The Day» is a Horror/Thriller/Science Fiction film, released in the USA on...
[GALLERY] The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
1 message - The Day the Earth Stood Still, remake of the 1951 film of the same name....
( 1960 )The Day They Robbed the Bank of England
Directed by: J. Guillermin, starring A. Ray, E. Sellars, P. O'Toole, K. Moore...
( 1992 )Where the Day Takes You
Directed by: M. Rocco, starring L. San Giacomo, D. Mulroney, R. Knepper, S. Astin...
( 1993 )The Remains of the Day
Directed by: J. Ivory, starring J. Haycraft, C. Reeve, A. Hopkins, E. Thompson...
( 1980 )The Day Time Ended
Directed by: J. 'Bud' Cardos, starring J. Davis, C. Mitchum, D. Malone, M. Lafferty...
Resources: Paul Soskin Productions, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.