I Wanted Wings1941
Directed by Mitchell Leisen, "I Wanted Wings" (also known as "Cavalieri del cielo, I") is a Drama film, released on March 26 of 1941 in the USA . Ray Milland and William Holden are starring, alongside Wayne Morris, Brian Donlevy, Constance Moore and Veronica Lake.
Who directed "I Wanted Wings":
I Wanted Wings was directed by Mitchell Leisen, an American director, costume designer, producer, and actor.
Before directing I Wanted Wings, Mitchell Leisen had directed Arise, My Love, released in 1940, Remember the Night (1940), Artists and Models Abroad (1938), The Big Broadcast of 1938 (1938), The Big Broadcast of 1937 (1936), and Hands Across the Table (1935). Since, he directed Hold Back the Dawn, released in 1941, The Lady Is Willing (1942), Take a Letter, Darling (1942), Lady in the Dark (1944), Frenchman's Creek (1944), and Practically Yours (1944).
What was the release date of "I Wanted Wings":
I Wanted Wings was first released on Wednesday, March 26, 1941, in the United States.. This was seventy-eight (78) years ago.
Who is at the casting of "I Wanted Wings":
At the casting of I Wanted Wings we find Ray Milland, previously seen in Arise, My Love (1940) and Irene (1940); William Holden (Arizona (1940), Our Town (1940)); Wayne Morris (Brother Rat and a Baby (1940), The Return of Doctor X (1939)) [ more... ]
- Archie Twitchell and Brian Donlevy, Willard Robertson, Richard Lane also worked together in Union Pacific, released in 1939.
- Richard Webb and Ray Milland, William Holden, Veronica Lake also appeared in Variety Girl, released in 1947.
- Richard Webb and Brian Donlevy, Veronica Lake, Edward Fielding also appeared in Hold Back the Dawn, released in 1941.
- William Holden, Brian Donlevy, Hobart Cavanaugh and Richard Webb have all also be seen in The Remarkable Andrew, released in 1942.
- Ray Milland, Edward Fielding and Archie Twitchell have all also be seen in The Major and the Minor, released in 1942.
- Edward Fielding and Ray Milland, Veronica Lake can also be seen in Star Spangled Rhythm, released in 1942.
- Addison Richards and Willard Robertson, Richard Lane have all also be seen in Air Force, released in 1943.
- Hobart Cavanaugh and Ray Milland, Edward Fielding can be seen in Skylark, released in 1941.
- Edward Fielding, Addison Richards and John Hiestand also appeared together in The Pride of the Yankees, released in 1942.
- Archie Twitchell and Richard Lane, Addison Richards also appeared together in Mighty Joe Young, released in 1949.
- Richard Webb and Veronica Lake, Willard Robertson can all be seen in Sullivan's Travels, released in 1941.
- Veronica Lake and Ray Milland, Brian Donlevy can be seen in Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, released in 1982.
What is the Storyline of "I Wanted Wings":
Story follows the training and personal lives of three recruits in the Army Air Corps - a wealthy playboy, a college jock and an auto mechanic. Love interest is supplied by a female photographer (based loosely on Margaret Bourke-White) and a sultry blonde.
No message has yet been posted about I Wanted Wings.
Start a Topic
Resources: Paramount Pictures, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.