Starring Clark Gable, Lana Turner, Frank Morgan, Claire Trevor, Marjorie Main and Albert Dekker, "Honky Tonk" (also known as "Se mi vuoi sposami", "Gefährlicher Bursche, Ein", "Toller Bursche, Ein") is a Comedy/Drama/Romance/Western film directed by Jack Conway, released on October 01 of 1941 in the USA.
"Let's be specific, they're terrific!"
Who is the director of "Honky Tonk":
Honky Tonk was directed by Jack Conway, an American director, actor, and producer.
Before Honky Tonk, Jack Conway had directed Love Crazy, released in 1941, Boom Town (1940), Too Hot to Handle (1938), A Yank at Oxford (1938), Saratoga (1937), and A Star Is Born (1937). Since, he directed Crossroads, released in 1942, Dragon Seed (1944), The Hucksters (1947), Julia Misbehaves (1948).
What was the release date of "Honky Tonk":
Honky Tonk was initally released in the United States on Wednesday, October 01, 1941.. This was seventy-seven (77) years ago.
It has been released on Wednesday, May 21, 1947 in France and on Friday, December 30, 1949 in Germany.
What is the casting of "Honky Tonk":
At the casting of Honky Tonk we find Clark Gable, previously seen in They Met in Bombay (1941) and Comrade X (1940); Lana Turner (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941), Ziegfeld Girl (1941)); Frank Morgan (Keeping Company (1940), Boom Town (1940)) [ more... ]
- Clark Gable, Frank Morgan, Chill Wills and Douglas Wood can all be seen in Boom Town, released in 1940.
- Chill Wills and Marjorie Main, Henry O'Neill can all be seen in Rationing, released in 1944.
- Lew Harvey and Claire Trevor, Chill Wills also appeared in Allegheny Uprising, released in 1939.
- Chill Wills and Marjorie Main, Henry O'Neill also appeared in The Bugle Sounds, released in 1942.
- Henry O'Neill, Chill Wills and Lew Harvey also worked together in Billy the Kid, released in 1941.
- Harry Worth and Henry O'Neill, Douglas Wood can all be seen in Blossoms in the Dust, released in 1941.
- Henry O'Neill, Chill Wills and Douglas Wood can also be seen in Stand by for Action, released in 1942.
- Betty Blythe and Lana Turner, Albert Dekker can be seen in Cass Timberlane, released in 1947.
What is the Storyline of "Honky Tonk":
Con man "Candy" Johnson (Clark Gable) and his friend "Sniper" (Chill Wills) flee town using quick wits and magic tricks. They catch a train to Yellow Creek, Nevada, where a gold rush is in progress. Aboard, he meets Elizabeth Cotton (Lana Turner); she takes an instant dislike to him. When they arrive, Candy is amused to discover she is the daughter of "Judge" Cotton (Frank Morgan), an old acquaintance of his. Elizabeth is unaware of her father's crooked past and present.
Later that night, Candy, [...]
No message has yet been posted about Honky Tonk.
Start a Topic
1 message - i did not understand the movie francis sticks out his neck against north korea then ends up on their side at end of movie or am i missing something...
Resources: Loew's, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.