How Green Was My Valley1941
Directed by John Ford, and written by Philip Dunne (screenplay), "How Green Was My Valley" (also known as "Schlagende Wetter", "So grün war mein Tal", "Com'era verde la mia valle") is a Drama/Family film, released on October 28 of 1941 in the USA , starring Walter Pidgeon, Maureen O'Hara, Anna Lee, Donald Crisp, Roddy McDowall and John Loder.
Millions Have Read This Great Novel... Millions more will see an even greater picture!
Who is the director of "How Green Was My Valley":
How Green Was My Valley was directed by John Ford, an American director, producer, writer, and actor.
Before making How Green Was My Valley, John Ford had directed Tobacco Road, released in 1941, The Long Voyage Home (1940), The Grapes of Wrath (1940), Drums Along the Mohawk (1939), Young Mr. Lincoln (1939), and Stagecoach (1939). Since, he directed They Were Expendable, released in 1945, My Darling Clementine (1946), The Fugitive (1947), Fort Apache (1948), 3 Godfathers (1948), and Pinky (1949).
What was the release date of "How Green Was My Valley":
How Green Was My Valley was initally released in the United States on Tuesday, October 28, 1941.. This was seventy-seven (77) years ago.
It has been released on Thursday, July 25, 1946 in France; Friday, April 28, 1950 in Germany; Thursday, June 20, 1946 in Italy and on Saturday, December 23, 1950 in Japan.
What is the cast of "How Green Was My Valley":
At the casting of How Green Was My Valley we find Walter Pidgeon, previously seen in Blossoms in the Dust (1941) and Man Hunt (1941); Maureen O'Hara (Dance, Girl, Dance (1940), The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1939)); Anna Lee (Seven Sinners (1940), Return to Yesterday (1940)) [ more... ]
- Ethel Griffies and Roddy McDowall, Sara Allgood, Morton Lowry, Arthur Shields also appeared together in The Keys of the Kingdom, released in 1944.
- Anna Lee, Donald Crisp, Sara Allgood, Patric Knowles and Ethel Griffies can be seen in Forever and a Day, released in 1943.
- Morton Lowry, Arthur Shields, Frederick Worlock and Richard Fraser also appeared together in The Picture of Dorian Gray, released in 1945.
- Donald Crisp, Sara Allgood, Frederick Worlock and Lionel Pape have all also be seen in Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, released in 1941.
- Walter Pidgeon, Roddy McDowall, Frederick Worlock and Richard Fraser also appeared together in Man Hunt, released in 1941.
- Morton Lowry, Frederick Worlock, Richard Fraser and Ethel Griffies have all also be seen in A Yank in the R.A.F., released in 1941.
- Sara Allgood, Morton Lowry, Arthur Shields and Rhys Williams also appeared together in This Above All, released in 1942.
- Walter Pidgeon, Arthur Shields and Rhys Williams can all be seen in Scandal at Scourie, released in 1953.
- Arthur Shields and Roddy McDowall, John Loder can all be seen in Confirm or Deny, released in 1941.
- Morton Lowry and Donald Crisp, Barry Fitzgerald also worked together in The Dawn Patrol, released in 1938.
- Rhys Williams and John Loder, Arthur Shields can be seen in Gentleman Jim, released in 1942.
- Frederick Worlock and Walter Pidgeon, Arthur Shields can be seen in Madame Curie, released in 1943.
- Ethel Griffies and Sara Allgood, Frederick Worlock also appeared together in Jane Eyre, released in 1944.
- Donald Crisp, Arthur Shields and Frederick Worlock can be seen in National Velvet, released in 1944.
- Donald Crisp, Frederick Worlock and Rhys Williams also appeared together in Hills of Home, released in 1948.
- Donald Crisp, Sara Allgood and Arthur Shields have all also be seen in Challenge to Lassie, released in 1949.
- Roddy McDowall, Arthur Shields and Ethel Griffies also appeared together in The White Cliffs of Dover, released in 1944.
- Morton Lowry, Frederick Worlock and Lionel Pape have all also be seen in Hudson's Bay, released in 1941.
- Barry Fitzgerald, Arthur Shields and Lionel Pape also appeared together in The Long Voyage Home, released in 1940.
- Maureen O'Hara, Arthur Shields and Frederick Worlock can all be seen in The Black Swan, released in 1942.
- Arthur Shields and Maureen O'Hara, Barry Fitzgerald can all be seen in The Quiet Man, released in 1952.
- Lionel Pape and Barry Fitzgerald, Arthur Shields also worked together in The Plough and the Stars, released in 1936.
What is the Storyline of "How Green Was My Valley":
The film opens with a monologue by an older Huw Morgan: "I am packing my belongings in the shawl my mother used to wear when she went to the market. And I'm going from my valley. And this time, I shall never return." The valley and its villages are now blackened by the coal mines that fill the area.
The film dissolves to show young Huw (Roddy McDowall), the youngest child of Gwilym Morgan (Donald Crisp), walking home with his father to meet his mother, Beth (Sara Allgood). His older brothers, Ianto, [...]
No message has yet been posted about How Green Was My Valley.
Start a Topic
Val Kilmer Is A Really Bad Actor
6 messages - Val Kimer is A really bad actor and not very attractive. He's like the Democratic Health Care Bill,,,,, cramed down our throats. Instead of Health...
Wimpy Kid 3: The Last Straw - The Movie
23 messages - You know all you girls want a cast as Natasha for the movie, and there is so many decisions to chose. All we know is that we want someone that looks...
( 2000 )Green
Directed by: M. Powers
( 1969 )The Valley of Gwangi
Directed by: J. O'Connolly, starring J. Franciscus, G. Golan, R. Carlson, L. Naismith...
( 1955 )The Silver Star
Directed by: R. Bartlett, starring E. Buchanan, M. Windsor, L. Chaney Jr., E. Lyon...
( 1930 )The Green Goddess
Starring: G. Arliss, R. Forbes, H. Warner, A. Joyce...
Resources: Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.