Edison, the Man1940
Starring Spencer Tracy, Rita Johnson, Lynne Overman, Charles Coburn, Gene Lockhart and Henry Travers, "Edison, the Man" (also known as "Romanzo di una vita, Il", "Große Edison, Der") is a Biography/Drama film directed by Clarence Brown, released on May 10 of 1940 in the USA.
Who directed "Edison, the Man":
Edison, the Man was directed by Clarence Brown, an American director, producer, and actor.
Before making Edison, the Man, Clarence Brown had directed The Rains Came, released in 1939, Idiot's Delight (1939), Of Human Hearts (1938), Conquest (1937), The Gorgeous Hussy (1936), and Ah, Wilderness! (1935). Since, he directed Come Live with Me, released in 1941, They Met in Bombay (1941), The White Cliffs of Dover (1944), National Velvet (1944), The Yearling (1946), and Intruder in the Dust (1949).
When was "Edison, the Man" released:
Edison, the Man was initially released on Friday, May 10, 1940, in the United States. Another film released on Friday, May 10, 1940 is Beyond Tomorrow (dir. A. Edward Sutherland). This was seventy-nine (79) years ago.
It has been released on Wednesday, October 31, 1945 in France.
What is the casting of "Edison, the Man":
At the casting of Edison, the Man we find Spencer Tracy, previously seen in Northwest Passage (1940) and Young Tom Edison (1940); Rita Johnson (Congo Maisie (1940), 6,000 Enemies (1939)); Lynne Overman (Union Pacific (1939), Spawn of the North (1938)) [ more... ]
- George Lessey and Byron Foulger, Milton Parsons, Arthur Aylesworth also appeared together in Sky Murder, released in 1940.
- Gene Lockhart, Milton Parsons, Addison Richards and Grant Mitchell also worked together in Leave Her to Heaven, released in 1945.
- Spencer Tracy, Byron Foulger, Milton Parsons and George Lessey also appeared together in Boom Town, released in 1940.
- Gene Reynolds and Charles Coburn, Gene Lockhart, Arthur Aylesworth also worked together in Of Human Hearts, released in 1938.
- Byron Foulger, Milton Parsons, Arthur Aylesworth and Gene Reynolds also appeared together in Bad Little Angel, released in 1939.
- Lynne Overman, Milton Parsons, Arthur Aylesworth and George Lessey can be seen in Roxie Hart, released in 1942.
- Addison Richards and Spencer Tracy, Arthur Aylesworth, Gene Reynolds also worked together in Boys Town, released in 1938.
- Arthur Aylesworth, Gene Reynolds and Addison Richards can be seen in Santa Fe Trail, released in 1940.
- Guy D'Ennery and Gene Lockhart, Henry Travers also worked together in Madame Curie, released in 1943.
- Byron Foulger, Addison Richards and Ann Gillis can all be seen in Since You Went Away, released in 1944.
- Spencer Tracy, Gene Lockhart and Addison Richards have all also be seen in Land of Liberty, released in 1939.
- Henry Travers and Spencer Tracy, Charles Coburn also appeared in Stanley and Livingstone, released in 1939.
- Jay Ward and Spencer Tracy, Gene Reynolds also appeared together in Captains Courageous, released in 1937.
- Spencer Tracy, Byron Foulger and Arthur Aylesworth also worked together in Test Pilot, released in 1938.
- Spencer Tracy, Addison Richards and George Lessey also appeared together in Men of Boys Town, released in 1941.
- Milton Parsons and Spencer Tracy, Peter Godfrey also worked together in Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, released in 1941.
- Peter Godfrey, Guy D'Ennery and Arthur Aylesworth also appeared together in Blockade, released in 1938.
- Spencer Tracy, Arthur Aylesworth and Addison Richards can be seen in Northwest Passage, released in 1940.
- Grant Mitchell and Rita Johnson, Arthur Aylesworth also worked together in 6,000 Enemies, released in 1939.
- Charles Coburn, Gene Lockhart and Peter Godfrey can be seen in Forever and a Day, released in 1943.
- Arthur Aylesworth and Charles Coburn, Byron Foulger also worked together in In Name Only, released in 1939.
- Byron Foulger, Addison Richards and Paul Hurst can all be seen in Barbary Coast Gent, released in 1944.
- Arthur Aylesworth, Addison Richards and Grant Mitchell have all also be seen in The Case of the Howling Dog, released in 1934.
- George Lessey and Gene Lockhart, Grant Mitchell also appeared in The Gay Sisters, released in 1942.
What is the Storyline of "Edison, the Man":
In 1869, anxious to be more than a tramp telegraph operator, Edison (Spencer Tracy) travels to New York at the prompting of an old friend, Bunt Cavatt (Lynne Overman). He goes to work for Mr. Els (Henry Travers). He tries to persuade financier Mr. Taggart (Gene Lockhart) to fund the development of his inventions, but Taggart has no interest in financing ?green electrical workers?. However, General Powell (Charles Coburn), the president of Western Union, does.
Edison eventually sells an invention to [...]
No message has yet been posted about Edison, the Man.
Start a Topic
Part Man. Part Vampire. All Hero: "Blade" (1998), a film by Stephen Norrington
1 message - Released in the USA on August 19 of 1998, «Blade» (also known as "Blade, the Vampire Slayer") is an Action/Horror/Thriller film...
i love you
125 messages - so cute...
Half man, half insect... total terror: "The Fly" (1986), a film by David Cronenberg
1 message - Released in the USA on August 15 of 1986, «The Fly» (also known as "Mouche, La", "Mosca, La", "Fliege, Die")...
( 1931 )Ladies' Man
Directed by: L. Mendes, starring W. Powell, K. Francis, C. Lombard, G. Emery...
( 2005 )Edison
Directed by: D. J. Burke, starring M. Freeman, K. Spacey, J. Timberlake, L. Cool J...
( 1983 )De Vierde man
Directed by: P. Verhoeven, starring J. Krabbé, R. Soutendijk, T. Hoffman, D. de Vries...
( 1983 )Man, Woman and Child
Directed by: D. Richards, starring M. Sheen, B. Danner, C. T. Nelson, D. Hemmings...
Resources: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.