The Mystery of Mr. Wong1939
Released in the USA on March 08 of 1939, "The Mystery of Mr. Wong" (also known as "Vendetta") is a Mystery film directed by William Nigh . Boris Karloff is starring, alongside Grant Withers, Dorothy Tree, Craig Reynolds, Ivan Lebedeff and Holmes Herbert.
A gay party is interrupted by murder and the world's most costly jewel stolen!
Who is the director of "The Mystery of Mr. Wong":
The Mystery of Mr. Wong was directed by William Nigh, an American director, writer, actor, and producer.
Before making The Mystery of Mr. Wong, William Nigh had directed Gangster's Boy, released in 1938, Mr. Wong, Detective (1938), A Bride for Henry (1937), Hoosier Schoolboy (1937), Don't Get Personal (1936), and The Old Homestead (1935). Since, he directed Streets of New York, released in 1939, Mr. Wong in Chinatown (1939), Mutiny in the Big House (1939), The Fatal Hour (1940), Son of the Navy (1940), and Doomed to Die (1940).
When was "The Mystery of Mr. Wong" released:
The Mystery of Mr. Wong was first released in the United States on Wednesday, March 08, 1939. Another film released on Wednesday, March 08, 1939 is The Saint Strikes Back (dir. John Farrow). This was eighty (80) years ago.
Who is at the casting of "The Mystery of Mr. Wong":
At the casting of The Mystery of Mr. Wong we find Boris Karloff, previously seen in Son of Frankenstein (1939) and Devil's Island (1939); Grant Withers (Mr. Wong, Detective (1938), Three Loves Has Nancy (1938)); Dorothy Tree (Zaza (1939), Trade Winds (1938)) [ more... ]
- Boris Karloff, Grant Withers, Craig Reynolds, Hooper Atchley, Jack Kennedy and Wilbur Mack also worked together in The Fatal Hour, released in 1940.
- Wilbur Mack and Boris Karloff, Grant Withers, Hooper Atchley can be seen in Mr. Wong, Detective, released in 1938.
- Wilbur Mack and Boris Karloff, Grant Withers, Jack Kennedy have all also be seen in Doomed to Die, released in 1940.
- Boris Karloff, Grant Withers, Lotus Long and Wilbur Mack also appeared in Mr. Wong in Chinatown, released in 1939.
- Jack Kennedy and Grant Withers, Ivan Lebedeff, Morgan Wallace also worked together in Goin' to Town, released in 1935.
- Wilbur Mack and Chester Gan, Bruce Wong can be seen in The Amazing Mrs. Holliday, released in 1943.
- Joe Devlin and Hooper Atchley, Jack Kennedy also appeared together in Gangster's Boy, released in 1938.
- Chester Gan, Jack Kennedy and Wilbur Mack also appeared together in San Francisco, released in 1936.
- Morgan Wallace, Jack Kennedy and Wilbur Mack also appeared in Union Pacific, released in 1939.
- Morgan Wallace, Hooper Atchley and Joe Devlin also appeared in Honky Tonk, released in 1941.
What is the Storyline of "The Mystery of Mr. Wong":
The second in the series of Mr. Wong features starring Boris Karloff finds wealthy gem-collector Brandon Edwards gaining possession of the largest star sapphire in the world, the 'Eye of the Daughter of the Moon', after it has been stolen in China. Edwards, at a party in his home, confides to Mr. Wong that his life is in danger. During a game of Charades, Edwards is mysteriously shot dead and the gem disappears. Unknown to Wong, the jewel is in the possession of Edwards' maid, Drina, who intends to return [...]
No message has yet been posted about The Mystery of Mr. Wong.
Start a Topic
They're not your average superheroes: "Mystery Men" (1999), a film by Kinka Usher
1 message - Starring Hank Azaria, Ben Stiller, William H. Macy, Geoffrey Rush, Janeane Garofalo and Greg Kinnear, «Mystery Men» is an...
[NEW PHOTOS] Star Trek, a film by J.J. Abrams
3 messages - New photos for Star Trek, a film by J.J. Abrams starring Chris Pine (James T. Kirk), Zachary Quinto (Spock)......
Mr. Manescu's entire name is: Dan Pero Manescu
1 message - Dear Website Editor,...
Mr. Fine II
1 message - Very nice looking brother, sexy as hell!!...
1 message - my name is lucas dillon i lived in 148 leona court Alamo Ca 94507 i want to met with tomorrow is it okay it's time met you ready what is friend the...
( 1938 )Mr. Wong, Detective
Directed by: W. Nigh, starring B. Karloff, G. Withers, M. Jennings, E. Brent...
( 1939 )Mr. Wong in Chinatown
Directed by: W. Nigh, starring B. Karloff, M. Reynolds, G. Withers, H. Gordon...
( 1941 )Mr. Washington Goes to Town
Directed by: J. Buell, starring F. Miller, M. Moreland, M. Whitten...
Resources: Monogram Pictures Corporation, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.