Directed by W.S. Van Dyke, and written by Oliver H.P. Garrett (screenplay), "Manhattan Melodrama" is a Crime/Drama/Romance film, released in the USA on May 02 of 1934 . Clark Gable is starring, alongside William Powell, Myrna Loy, Leo Carrillo, Nat Pendleton and George Sidney.
Who directed "Manhattan Melodrama":
Manhattan Melodrama was directed by W.S. Van Dyke, an American director, writer, producer, and actor.
Before Manhattan Melodrama, W.S. Van Dyke had directed Laughing Boy, released in 1934, Eskimo (1933), Penthouse (1933), The Prizefighter and the Lady (1933), Tarzan the Ape Man (1932), and Never the Twain Shall Meet (1931). Since, he directed The Thin Man, released in 1934, The Thin Man (1934), Hide-Out (1934), Forsaking All Others (1934), Naughty Marietta (1935), and Broadway Melody of 1936 (1935).
When was "Manhattan Melodrama" released:
Manhattan Melodrama was initially released on Wednesday, May 02, 1934, in the United States. Also released on this day was Orders Is Orders (dir. Walter Forde). This was eighty-five (85) years ago.
Who is at the casting of "Manhattan Melodrama":
At the casting of Manhattan Melodrama we find Clark Gable, previously seen in Men in White (1934) and It Happened One Night (1934); William Powell (Fashions of 1934 (1934), The Kennel Murder Case (1933)); Myrna Loy (Men in White (1934), Night Flight (1933)) [ more... ]
- William Powell, Myrna Loy, Isabel Jewell and Frank Conroy can be seen in Evelyn Prentice, released in 1934.
- William Powell, Myrna Loy and Nat Pendleton can also be seen in The Thin Man, released in 1934.
- Nat Pendleton and William Powell, Myrna Loy also appeared in Another Thin Man, released in 1939.
- Shirley Ross and Nat Pendleton, Noel Madison also appeared in The Girl from Missouri, released in 1934.
- Nat Pendleton and William Powell, Myrna Loy also appeared together in The Thin Man, released in 1934.
- Clark Gable, Myrna Loy and Isabel Jewell have all also be seen in Men in White, released in 1934.
- Leo Carrillo and Clark Gable, Myrna Loy also worked together in Too Hot to Handle, released in 1938.
- Frank Conroy and Clark Gable, Myrna Loy also appeared in Night Flight, released in 1933.
- Mickey Rooney and William Powell, Nat Pendleton also worked together in Reckless, released in 1935.
- Nat Pendleton and William Powell, Myrna Loy can also be seen in The Great Ziegfeld, released in 1936.
What is the Storyline of "Manhattan Melodrama":
On June 15, 1904, the ship General Slocum catches fire and sinks in New York's East River. Two boys, Blackie Gallagher (Mickey Rooney) and Jim Wade (Jimmy Butler), are rescued by priest Father Joe (Leo Carrillo), but are orphaned by the disaster. They are taken in by another survivor, Poppa Rosen (George Sidney), who has lost his young son in the sinking. The boys live with Poppa Rosen for a short while; then Rosen, a Russian Jew, is trampled to death by a policeman's horse after he heckles Leon [...]
No message has yet been posted about Manhattan Melodrama.
Start a Topic
( 1972 )Ciao Manhattan
Directed by: J. Palmer, D. Weisman, starring E. Sedgwick, I. Jewell, W. Hayes, P. America...
( 1979 )Manhattan
Directed by: W. Allen, starring W. Allen, D. Keaton, M. Murphy, M. Hemingway...
( 1993 )Manhattan Murder Mystery
Directed by: W. Allen, starring W. Allen, D. Keaton, J. Adler, L. Cohen...
Resources: Cosmopolitan Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.