The Thin Man1934
Starring William Powell, Myrna Loy, Maureen O'Sullivan, Nat Pendleton, Minna Gombell and Porter Hall, "The Thin Man" (also known as "Uomo ombra, L'", "Mordsache 'Dünner Mann'", "Dünne Mann, Der") is a Comedy/Crime/Mystery film directed by W.S. Van Dyke, and written by Albert Hackett (screenplay), released on May 23 of 1934 in the USA.
A laugh tops every thrilling moment!
Who directed "The Thin Man":
The Thin Man was directed by W.S. Van Dyke, an American director, writer, producer, and actor.
Before The Thin Man, W.S. Van Dyke had directed Laughing Boy, released in 1934, Eskimo (1933), Penthouse (1933), The Prizefighter and the Lady (1933), Tarzan the Ape Man (1932), and Never the Twain Shall Meet (1931). Since, he directed Manhattan Melodrama, released in 1934, The Thin Man (1934), Hide-Out (1934), Forsaking All Others (1934), Naughty Marietta (1935), and Broadway Melody of 1936 (1935).
When was "The Thin Man" released:
The Thin Man was first released on Wednesday, May 23, 1934, in the United States.. This was eighty-four (84) years ago.
It has been released on Thursday, December 06, 1934 in France; Friday, January 31, 1969 in Germany; Thursday, January 24, 1935 in Italy and on Monday, July 29, 1935 in Japan.
Who is at the casting of "The Thin Man":
At the casting of The Thin Man we find William Powell, previously seen in Fashions of 1934 (1934) and The Kennel Murder Case (1933); Myrna Loy (Men in White (1934), Night Flight (1933)); Maureen O'Sullivan (Tarzan and His Mate (1934), The Cohens and Kellys in Trouble (1933)) [ more... ]
- William Powell, Myrna Loy, Maureen O'Sullivan, Nat Pendleton, Minna Gombell, Porter Hall, Henry Wadsworth, William Henry, Harold Huber, Cesar Romero, Natalie Moorhead, Edward Brophy, Edward Ellis and Cyril Thornton also appeared together in The Thin Man, released in 1934.
- Edward Brophy and William Powell, Myrna Loy, Henry Wadsworth also worked together in Evelyn Prentice, released in 1934.
- Nat Pendleton and William Powell, Myrna Loy also worked together in Another Thin Man, released in 1939.
- William Powell, Maureen O'Sullivan and Cyril Thornton can be seen in The Emperor's Candlesticks, released in 1937.
- Maureen O'Sullivan, Harold Huber and Edward Brophy also appeared together in Hide-Out, released in 1934.
- Edward Brophy and William Powell, Myrna Loy also worked together in The Thin Man Goes Home, released in 1944.
- Harold Huber and William Powell, Nat Pendleton have all also be seen in Reckless, released in 1935.
- William Powell, Myrna Loy and Nat Pendleton also worked together in Manhattan Melodrama, released in 1934.
- Nat Pendleton and William Powell, Myrna Loy also worked together in The Great Ziegfeld, released in 1936.
What is the Storyline of "The Thin Man":
Nick and Nora Charles are looking forward to a relaxing day at a racetrack, but when a jockey accused of throwing a race is found shot to death, Police Lieutenant Abrams requests Nick's help. The trail leads to a gambling syndicate that operates out of a wrestling arena, a murdered reporter, and a pretty secretary whose boyfriend has been framed. Along the way, Nick and Nora must contend with a wild wrestling match, a dizzying day at a merry-go-round (accompanied by Nick, Jr.), and a table-clearing [...]
No message has yet been posted about The Thin Man.
Start a Topic
Johnny Depp to be "The Thin Man"
1 message - Johnny Depp will take the lead male role in the remakeThe Thin ManNick Charles, the private detective. The original movie starred William Powell and...
Part Man. Part Vampire. All Hero: "Blade" (1998), a film by Stephen Norrington
1 message - Released in the USA on August 19 of 1998, «Blade» (also known as "Blade, the Vampire Slayer") is an Action/Horror/Thriller film...
Half man, half insect... total terror: "The Fly" (1986), a film by David Cronenberg
1 message - Released in the USA on August 15 of 1986, «The Fly» (also known as "Mouche, La", "Mosca, La", "Fliege, Die")...
( 1936 )After the Thin Man
Directed by: W. Van Dyke, starring W. Powell, M. Loy, J. Stewart, E. Landi...
( 1934 )The Thin Man
Directed by: W. Van Dyke, starring W. Powell, M. Loy, M. O'Sullivan, N. Pendleton...
( 1947 )Song of the Thin Man
Directed by: E. Buzzell, starring W. Powell, M. Loy, K. Wynn, D. Stockwell...
( 1944 )The Thin Man Goes Home
Directed by: R. Thorpe, starring W. Powell, M. Loy, L. Watson, A. Revere...
Resources: Cosmopolitan Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.