The Charge of the Light Brigade1936
"The Charge of the Light Brigade" (also known as "Todesbrigade, Die", "Carica dei 600, La", "Verrat des Surrat Khan, Der") is an Action/Adventure/Romance/War film directed by Michael Curtiz, and written by Michael Jacoby (screenplay), released on October 20 of 1936 in the USA . Errol Flynn is starring, alongside Patric Knowles, Henry Stephenson, Nigel Bruce, Donald Crisp and David Niven.
The reckless lancers sweep on and on - so that a woman's heart might not be broken! You're not fighting a single legion - you're fighting the entire British army, Surat Khan!
Who directed "The Charge of the Light Brigade":
The Charge of the Light Brigade was directed by Michael Curtiz, a director, producer, actor, and writer.
Before directing The Charge of the Light Brigade, Michael Curtiz had directed Anthony Adverse, released in 1936, The Walking Dead (1936), Captain Blood (1935), Little Big Shot (1935), Front Page Woman (1935), and Black Fury (1935). Since, he directed Gold Is Where You Find It, released in 1938, The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938), Four's a Crowd (1938), Four Daughters (1938), Angels with Dirty Faces (1938), and Daughters Courageous (1939).
When was "The Charge of the Light Brigade" released:
The Charge of the Light Brigade was first released in the United States on Tuesday, October 20, 1936.. This was eighty-three (83) years ago.
It has been released on Saturday, October 24, 1936 in Germany.
What is the casting of "The Charge of the Light Brigade":
At the casting of The Charge of the Light Brigade we find Errol Flynn, previously seen in Captain Blood (1935) and The Case of the Curious Bride (1935); Patric Knowles (The Brown Wallet (1936), The Girl in the Crowd (1935)); Henry Stephenson (Hearts Divided (1936), Little Lord Fauntleroy (1936)) [ more... ]
- Spring Byington and Henry Stephenson, Donald Crisp, David Niven can all be seen in Mutiny on the Bounty, released in 1935.
- E.E. Clive and Errol Flynn, Henry Stephenson, Robert Barrat also appeared in Captain Blood, released in 1935.
- George Regas and Henry Stephenson, Nigel Bruce, E.E. Clive also appeared in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, released in 1939.
- Errol Flynn, Donald Crisp and David Niven also worked together in The Dawn Patrol, released in 1938.
- David Niven and Henry Stephenson, Donald Crisp also appeared in Beloved Enemy, released in 1936.
- Nigel Bruce, Spring Byington and Scotty Beckett also appeared together in The Blue Bird, released in 1940.
- Errol Flynn, Henry Stephenson and Donald Crisp also worked together in The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex, released in 1939.
- Nigel Bruce, C. Henry Gordon and George Regas also appeared together in Under Two Flags, released in 1936.
- Donald Crisp and Patric Knowles, Nigel Bruce can all be seen in Forever and a Day, released in 1943.
- Henry Stephenson, Robert Barrat and Scotty Beckett can also be seen in Marie Antoinette, released in 1938.
- Scotty Beckett and Henry Stephenson, C. Henry Gordon also appeared together in Conquest, released in 1937.
- Donald Crisp and Errol Flynn, Patric Knowles also appeared together in The Sisters, released in 1938.
What is the Storyline of "The Charge of the Light Brigade":
In 1854, Major Geoffrey Vickers (Errol Flynn) and his brother, Captain Perry Vickers (Patric Knowles), are stationed at the fictional city of Chukoti in India, with the 27th Lancers of the British Army during the period of East India Company dominance over the Indian subcontinent. Perry has secretly betrayed Geoffrey by stealing the love of his fiancee Elsa (Olivia de Havilland).
During an official visit to local tributary rajah, Surat Khan (C. Henry Gordon), Geoffrey saves the rajah's life. Later, [...]
No message has yet been posted about The Charge of the Light Brigade.
Start a Topic
Resources: Warner Bros. Pictures, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.