A Day at the Races1937
"A Day at the Races" (also known as "Marx Brothers - Das Große Rennen", "Grosse Rennen, Das", "Giorno alle corse, Un") is a Comedy film directed by Sam Wood, and written by Robert Pirosh (screenplay), released in the USA on June 11 of 1937 . Groucho Marx is starring, alongside Chico Marx, Harpo Marx, Allan Jones, Maureen O'Sullivan and Margaret Dumont.
The Year's BIG Laugh, Music and Girl Show!
Who directed "A Day at the Races":
A Day at the Races was directed by Sam Wood, an American director, producer, actor, and writer.
Before directing A Day at the Races, Sam Wood had directed The Good Earth, released in 1937, Whipsaw (1935), A Night at the Opera (1935), Rendezvous (1935), The Girl from Missouri (1934), and Stamboul Quest (1934). Since, he directed Madame X, released in 1937, Lord Jeff (1938), Stablemates (1938), Goodbye, Mr. Chips (1939), Gone with the Wind (1939), and Raffles (1939).
What was the release date of "A Day at the Races":
A Day at the Races was first released on Friday, June 11, 1937, in the United States.. This was eighty-two (82) years ago.
It has been released on Friday, July 05, 2002 in the United Kingdom; Wednesday, August 14, 1940 in France; Saturday, April 15, 1967 in Germany and on Friday, February 03, 1939 in Italy.
What is the casting of "A Day at the Races":
At the casting of A Day at the Races we find Groucho Marx, previously seen in A Night at the Opera (1935) and Duck Soup (1933); Chico Marx (A Night at the Opera (1935), Duck Soup (1933)); Harpo Marx (A Night at the Opera (1935), Duck Soup (1933)) [ more... ]
- Groucho Marx, Chico Marx, Harpo Marx, Allan Jones and Margaret Dumont also appeared together in A Night at the Opera, released in 1935.
- Groucho Marx, Chico Marx, Harpo Marx, Margaret Dumont and Douglass Dumbrille also appeared in The Big Store, released in 1941.
- Margaret Dumont and Groucho Marx, Chico Marx, Harpo Marx also worked together in At the Circus, released in 1939.
- Groucho Marx, Chico Marx, Harpo Marx and Margaret Dumont can all be seen in The Cocoanuts, released in 1929.
- Groucho Marx, Chico Marx, Harpo Marx and Margaret Dumont can be seen in Animal Crackers, released in 1930.
- Groucho Marx, Chico Marx, Harpo Marx and Margaret Dumont can be seen in Duck Soup, released in 1933.
- Groucho Marx, Chico Marx and Harpo Marx can be seen in Go West, released in 1940.
- Groucho Marx, Chico Marx and Harpo Marx can all be seen in Horse Feathers, released in 1932.
- Groucho Marx, Chico Marx and Harpo Marx can also be seen in Room Service, released in 1938.
- Harpo Marx and Groucho Marx, Chico Marx have all also be seen in Monkey Business, released in 1931.
- Harpo Marx and Groucho Marx, Chico Marx also appeared in Love Happy, released in 1949.
- Harpo Marx and Groucho Marx, Chico Marx also appeared in The Story of Mankind, released in 1957.
- Groucho Marx, Chico Marx and Harpo Marx can be seen in A Night in Casablanca, released in 1946.
What is the Storyline of "A Day at the Races":
Hugo Z. Hackenbush (Groucho Marx) is a veterinarian who is hired as chief of staff for the Standish Sanitarium, owned by Judy Standish (Maureen O'Sullivan), at the insistence of her most important patient, the rich Mrs. Upjohn, (Margaret Dumont), who insists on being treated only by Dr. Hackenbush. The Sanitarium has fallen on hard times, and banker J.D. Morgan (Douglas Dumbrille) is attempting to gain control of it. Judy hopes that Mrs. Upjohn will make a large donation and stop that from [...]
No message has yet been posted about A Day at the Races.
Start a Topic
The Fate of the Crippled Cub
73 messages - To the Jouberts:...
Are You Who You Think You Are: "The 6th Day" (2000), a film by Roger Spottiswoode
1 message - «The 6th Day» (also known as "On the Sixth Day", "Sixth Day, The", "Sesto giorno, Il") is an Action/Science...
Oldies: "The Day After Tomorrow" (2004), a film by Roland Emmerich
1 message - Released in the USA on May 24 of 2004, «The Day After Tomorrow» (also known as "Tomorrow", "Alba del giorno dopo, L'",...
"Die Another Day" (2002), a film by Lee Tamahori
1 message - Directed by Lee Tamahori, and written by Ian Fleming, Neal Purvis, and Robert Wade, «Die Another Day» (also known as "Nobody Lives...
"Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3: The Last Straw" Audition
37 messages - You are chubby not fat, but you might not be old enough, but you have read all of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books including the new one you would like...
Resources: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.