Starring Clark Gable, Myrna Loy, Spencer Tracy, Lionel Barrymore, Samuel S. Hinds and Marjorie Main, "Test Pilot" (also known as "Arditi dell'aria") is a Drama/Romance film directed by Victor Fleming, released on April 16 of 1938 in the USA.
They're yours... in a heart-walloping love story!
Who is the director of "Test Pilot":
Test Pilot was directed by Victor Fleming, an American director, cinematographer, producer, writer, and actor.
Before directing Test Pilot, Victor Fleming had directed Captains Courageous, released in 1937, The Good Earth (1937), Reckless (1935), Treasure Island (1934), Bombshell (1933), and Red Dust (1932). Since, he directed The Great Waltz, released in 1938, The Wizard of Oz (1939), Gone with the Wind (1939), They Dare Not Love (1941), Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941), and Tortilla Flat (1942).
When was "Test Pilot" released:
Test Pilot was initially released on Saturday, April 16, 1938, in the United States. Another film released on Saturday, April 16, 1938 is Fools for Scandal (dir. Bobby Connolly and Mervyn LeRoy). This was eighty (80) years ago.
It has been released on Saturday, August 19, 1939 in Germany and on Friday, December 15, 1939 in Spain.
What is the casting of "Test Pilot":
At the casting of Test Pilot we find Clark Gable, previously seen in Broadway Melody of 1938 (1937) and Saratoga (1937); Myrna Loy (Man-Proof (1938), Double Wedding (1937)); Spencer Tracy (Big City (1937), Captains Courageous (1937)) [ more... ]
- Clark Gable, Myrna Loy, Samuel S. Hinds and Claudia Coleman also appeared in Men in White, released in 1934.
- Marjorie Main, Virginia Grey and Priscilla Lawson also appeared in The Women, released in 1939.
- Clark Gable, Myrna Loy and Marjorie Main have all also be seen in Too Hot to Handle, released in 1938.
- Clark Gable, Spencer Tracy and Lionel Barrymore also appeared in Land of Liberty, released in 1939.
- Virginia Grey and Myrna Loy, Marjorie Main also worked together in Another Thin Man, released in 1939.
- Samuel S. Hinds and Clark Gable, Myrna Loy can be seen in Manhattan Melodrama, released in 1934.
- Clark Gable, Myrna Loy and Lionel Barrymore also worked together in Night Flight, released in 1933.
What is the Storyline of "Test Pilot":
Reckless test pilot Jim Lane (Clark Gable) is forced to land on a Kansas farm in his aircraft, the "Drake Bullet", where he meets Ann Barton (Myrna Loy). They spend the day together and fall in love. Once Jim's best friend and mechanic, Gunner Morris (Spencer Tracy), arrives, Jim ignores Ann. To spur him, she gets engaged to her sweetheart. Jim leaves in the morning, but soon comes back for her. They quickly get married.
Jim loses his job at Drake, when he clashes with the owner (Lionel Barrymore), [...]
No message has yet been posted about Test Pilot.
Start a Topic
Resources: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.