Released on December 22 of 1938 in the USA, "Sweethearts" is a Musical film written by Dorothy Parker . Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy are starring, alongside Frank Morgan, Ray Bolger, Florence Rice and Mischa Auer.
Exquisite music . . . sparkling romance for the King and Queen of song !
What was the release date of "Sweethearts":
Sweethearts was first released on Thursday, December 22, 1938, in the United States.. This was eighty (80) years ago.
It has been released on Wednesday, June 05, 1946 in France.
What is the cast of "Sweethearts":
At the casting of Sweethearts we find Jeanette MacDonald, previously seen in The Girl of the Golden West (1938) and The Firefly (1937); Nelson Eddy (The Girl of the Golden West (1938), Maytime (1937)); Frank Morgan (The Crowd Roars (1938), Port of Seven Seas (1938)) [ more... ]
- Jeanette MacDonald, Nelson Eddy, Herman Bing and Douglas McPhail can all be seen in Maytime, released in 1937.
- Jeanette MacDonald, Nelson Eddy, Herman Bing and Fay Holden have all also be seen in Bitter Sweet, released in 1940.
- Frank Morgan, Florence Rice, Herman Bing and Douglas McPhail can all be seen in Broadway Melody of 1940, released in 1940.
- Raymond Walburn and Frank Morgan, Ray Bolger, Herman Bing also worked together in The Great Ziegfeld, released in 1936.
- Frank Morgan and Jeanette MacDonald, Nelson Eddy also appeared together in Naughty Marietta, released in 1935.
- Fay Holden, Gene Lockhart and Kathleen Lockhart can all be seen in The Big Hangover, released in 1950.
- Jeanette MacDonald, Frank Morgan and Herman Bing also worked together in The Cat and the Fiddle, released in 1934.
- Jeanette MacDonald, Herman Bing and George Barbier also appeared in The Merry Widow, released in 1934.
- Frank Morgan, Florence Rice and Herman Bing also worked together in Paradise for Three, released in 1938.
- Ray Bolger, Reginald Gardiner and Gene Lockhart also worked together in Forever and a Day, released in 1943.
- Frank Morgan, Herman Bing and Berton Churchill can be seen in Dimples, released in 1936.
- Reginald Gardiner, Lucile Watson and Gene Lockhart can be seen in That Wonderful Urge, released in 1948.
- Reginald Gardiner, Raymond Walburn and Douglas McPhail can all be seen in Born to Dance, released in 1936.
- Jeanette MacDonald, Nelson Eddy and Ray Bolger have all also be seen in The Girl of the Golden West, released in 1938.
- Gene Lockhart, Kathleen Lockhart and Terry Kilburn can all be seen in A Christmas Carol, released in 1938.
What is the Storyline of "Sweethearts":
Broadway stars Gwen Marlow (Jeanette MacDonald) and Ernest Lane (Nelson Eddy) are appearing in a 6-year run of Victor Herbert's operetta Sweethearts (Ray Bolger dances the role of Hans). They are also very much in love after six years of marriage. Norman Trumpett (Reginald Gardiner) is a successful Hollywood talent scout under pressure to recruit Marlow and Lane for his studio, which their Broadway producer Felix Lehman (Frank Morgan) is equally determined to prevent.
The couple's attempts [...]
No message has yet been posted about Sweethearts.
Start a Topic
( 1988 )Sweet Hearts Dance
Directed by: R. Greenwald, starring D. Johnson, S. Sarandon, J. Daniels, E. Perkins...
( 2001 )America's Sweethearts
Directed by: J. Roth, starring J. Roberts, B. Crystal, C. Zeta-Jones, J. Cusack...
( 1934 )Twenty Million Sweethearts
Directed by: R. Enright, starring P. O'Brien, D. Powell, G. Rogers, T. Fio Rito...
Resources: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Wikipedia and contributions from movie fans. Anyone can submit additionnal information and corrections, you can post a message into the forum, or you can contact me by e-mail. Information and materials are submitted by users and thus may not always contain up-to-date and correct information, so do not hesite to report mistakes, and submit corrections.Thank you!. Direct editing is no longer available, sorry.